help with Jp12!!

Today, i decided install the region switch; and i remove correctly the links between the JPs, and when i started to solder i saw that isn't the JP12 point to solder!! when i remove the links i tore it by error and now i can't to solder here :damn: :damn:

I want know if i can solder in an alternative point, or my saturn will die :(

any solution?

PD: my board is a saturn model 2 pal.

Hi, sorry to read about your problem, as ive taken off contacts with a soldering once in my time of console soldering.

What version is you main board, and what version is your cd-rom unit, as if i have the same version, i could attempt to track a solder point with a meter on one of my systems?

By the way im not sure if there is another solder point, and ive not heard of another, but i new on the scene and so looking wont hurt.

Take a photo of the main board damage if you can, as that will give every one a clearer understanding.

Nos9

Originally posted by Nos9@Mon, 2005-11-28 @ 11:23 AM

Can not help you if you don't tell me which console main board you have!

[post=141996]Quoted post[/post]​

Sorry, i'm not visit this forum a lot.

My saturn is model 2, and my cd drive has a 32 pin chip.

My console is pal.

Now i'm looking for a new board, because when i turn on the console, the screen shows black :damn: :damn: :damn:

Can you take a picture of it?

I'd need to see what exactly kind of damage you caused.

make sure it's good and clear and kinda big (please a 320X240 shot of the entire board WON'T help at all!)

If you have accidentally ripped out a copper track from the board you can trace it your self it's not that hard to do,once you've traced it you can easily solder a jumper wire to connect it again seek help from a qualified service technician

Back