help

do you now if i can burn a image from a ntsc game and run it on a pal saturn only witn the switch trick?

and i see saturn games images devided on 2 with the game on iso file and the music separated; how can i burn the iso file and the music files on the same cd with discjulger?

thanx

Hello. Now I know your a new comer to this board, so I will not be obnoxious nor rude. But Please, tada_shinzui, Myself and the rest of the board would appreciate it if you searched through posts for the answer you are looking for, as for that question has been answered many of times.

Originally posted by Protosstic@Aug. 31 2002, 6:54 pm

Hello. Now I know your a new comer to this board, so I will not be obnoxious nor rude. But Please, tada_shinzui, Myself and the rest of the board would appreciate it if you searched through posts for the answer you are looking for, as for that question has been answered many of times.

hello to you to.

can any of you please give me instead a link to a site or a faq where all about burning saturn games is explained?

http://www.litespeedcomputers.com/sx/misc/ has lots of burning / swap faqs.....

I personally like to use cdrecord (from the cdrtools package) for burning iso/wav & cdrdao for burning bin/cue.... (sorry I don't know how to do it w/DJ)

==============================

How to burn an ISO/WAV (or ISO/MP3) Saturn game using CDRECORD

1 - Convert your ISO to the the correct country code.....

SATCONV (the DOS version is what I currently use) - the Saturn Country Code Changer, can convert Saturn ISOs (and BINs) from any country code to any other country code. So you can play (for example...) Japanese or Europe games on your U.S.A. Saturn without the need for a converter cartridge or country code switch, however this does NOT get around the need for a mod chip or swap trick to play backup CD-R games.

'SATCONV IMAGENAME.ISO -r'

2 - Listen to the MP3 (or WAV) files

They should sound ok & not have lots of clicks, pops, etc... if they need editing, try AUDACITY, it's a free WAV editor that can handle MP3's (if you get the LAME codec with it).

3 - Prepare your files

Convert all your MP3's to WAV format (I like LAME w/RAZORLAME frontend, but use anything you're confortable with, MP32WAV also works fine) and rename them if you need to (they must be in alphanumerical ISO9660 sort order, so I rename them 01.WAV, 02.WAV, 03.WAV, etc... to avoid any problems with tracks being burned in the wrong order).

If there are multiple ISO files (rare), I name the .ISO tracks; 01.ISO, 02.ISO, etc... so they burn in the proper order....

4 - Get CD-R burner device I.D. (for CDRECORD)

You need to know what the device I.D. of your burner is... use 'CDRECORD -scanbus' to find out what device I.D. your cd-burner/reader uses (mine is 0,1,0), you'll need these numbers for CDRECORD.

5 - Burn the game

As with any CD-Recording application, CDRECORD will work best if you don't have any other programs running while you are burning a CD-R.

Burn the WAV files using CDRECORD, use the #'s you got from scanbus in place of 0,1,0 and you can burn at any speed (not just 4x like in my example below).

'cdrecord -v -dev=0,1,0 -multi -data -nofix -speed=4 *.ISO'

'cdrecord -v -dev=0,1,0 -audio -multi -eject -pad -speed=4 *.WAV'

(note: the tracks must be names in alphanumerical order, because that's how CDRECORD will burn them! Your device, driver, and speed settings will differ...)

6 - Play your backup game!!!

I have a mod chip on my Saturn, but the swap trick also works on both my Saturns (model1 and model2).

How to burn a BIN/CUE Sega Saturn game using CDRDAO

1 - Convert your BIN to the the correct country code.....

SATCONV (the DOS version is what I currently use) - the Saturn Country Code Changer, can convert Saturn ISOs (and BINs) from any country code to any other country code. So you can play (for example...) Japanese games on your U.S.A. Saturn without the need for a converter cartridge or country code switch, however this does NOT get around the need for a mod chip or swap trick to play backup CD-R games.

'SATCONV IMAGENAME.BIN -r'

2 - Make sure your CUE sheet is correct Check the first line of the CUE file (in a text editor like notepad) and remove any directory references (see example below), then save your changes under a new name (just to be safe)....

-----ORIGINAL .CUE-----

FILE "C:\DIRECTORY\IMAGENAME.BIN" BINARY

TRACK 01 MODE1/2352

INDEX 01 00:00:00

TRACK 02 AUDIO

INDEX 00 07:32:21

INDEX 01 07:34:21

------------------------

-------FIXED .CUE-------

FILE "IMAGENAME.BIN" BINARY

TRACK 01 MODE1/2352

INDEX 01 00:00:00

TRACK 02 AUDIO

INDEX 00 07:32:21

INDEX 01 07:34:21

------------------------

3 - Get CD-R burner device I.D. (for CDRDAO)

You need to know what the device I.D. of your burner is... use 'CDRECORD -scanbus' to find out what device I.D. your cd-burner/reader uses (mine is 0,1,0), you'll need these numbers for burning with CDRDAO.

4 - Burning time

As with any CD-Recording application, CDRDAO will work best if you don't have any other programs running while you are burning a CD-R.

Burn the files using CDRDAO, use the #'s you got from scanbus in place of 0,1,0 and you can burn at any speed (not just 4x like in my example below).

'CDRDAO write --device 0,1,0 --speed 4 --eject FIXED.CUE'

(your device and speed settings will differ...)

If it complains about a driver try this... (you might need a specific driver - see the CDRDAO documentation for driver help)

'CDRDAO write --device 0,1,0 --driver generic-mmc --speed 4 --eject FIXED.CUE'

(your device, driver, and speed settings will differ...)

5 - Play your backup game!!!

I have a mod chip on my main Saturn, but the swap trick also works on both my Saturns (model1 and model2).

tada_shinzu, sorry if you took it the wrong way, but I am just trying to get people to start searching before they just ask the question, that is all. Anyways BvP thank you for giving him a very mighty walkthru..

Originally posted by Protosstic@Aug. 31 2002, 8:54 pm

tada_shinzu, sorry if you took it the wrong way, but I am just trying to get people to start searching before they just ask the question, that is all. Anyways BvP thank you for giving him a very mighty walkthru..

hey

i didn't took it the worng way and i can understand your point.

BvP thanx for the info.

But now i have a problem, i burn dead or alive to a cd and i think i recorded it well with the iso file and the wav(music) files.

but when i do the swap trick after taking the cd2(the original one)and swap it for the cd1(the copy of dead or alive) or it appears the saturn menu with saying it can´t recognise the cd or it appears the SEGA logo and the produce or produce under license.... and it stays like that, with the sega logo, for ever.

isn't the dead or alive cd copy well or i have done the swap trick wrongly?

but when i do the swap trick after taking the cd2(the original one)and swap it for the cd1(the copy of dead or alive) or it appears the saturn menu with saying it can´t recognise the cd or it appears the SEGA logo and the produce or produce under license.... and it stays like that, with the sega logo, for ever.

isn't the dead or alive cd copy well or i have done the swap trick wrongly?

If the Sega logo is coming up, the CD is probably burned correctly. It sounds like you may be doing a swap trick that doesn't work too well; the most reliable way is a "double swap" - start with the copy in the drive, swap to the original after the TOC is read (this is almost always finished once the Sega Saturn logo is done assembling), and swap back to the copy after the security signature is read (on an old Saturn you can use the access light to get an idea of when this happens, but the best way is to listen to the movement of the laser; it will make one big movement just before it reads the signature and another big movement just as it is done, you should swap as soon as that second movement starts).

Hope this helps.

Back