Highest pay in Crazy Taxi

Mines $48,000 on Arcade Rules, Arcade City.

If anyone wants proof, I'll take a pic. I'm too lazy to do one anyway. :p

I got 30K+ a long time ago,may still have the save somewhere I think but am not sure on that.It was also on arcade rules,arcade city :) I'm pretty sure there are much higher scores than this though,but I was pretty impressed with it :D .....and my mates think I am a master,even when I was only getting 10k...which is bugger all to be honest.

$33,063.88 is my highest :)

DC_CT_HighScore_001.JPG

I think 'awesome' is the next one up, although there may be one in between. I believe you need 10K to get past S, can't recall though.

Originally posted by racketboy@Jul 8, 2004 @ 10:54 AM

holy crap

I REALLY need practice.

Any tips? I'm usually lucky to get a "C"

I'm like racket. I usely gat an A if I'm lucky. Can anyone give us some tips?

My new scores in 10 mins. mode is an S.

Tips, umm...
  • Make sure you know how to do the 'crazy stop'..
  • Make sure you know how to do the 'crazy start'. And use it everytime you pick up a customer, so you get upto speed quickly
  • Take advantage of all vehicles you pass so you can get the 'crazy through' bonuses (pass close to get the bonus), and lorries/buses will give you a bigger bonus than cars
  • When you think you are slowing down press 'forward gear' and 'accelerate' at the same time to get a small boost, I usually do this most of the time.
  • Do 'crazy drifts' around all tight, but open, corners to get bonuses
  • Make sure you know where each location is, and you know the quickest way there
  • Use either Gina or BD Joe. Gus is ok, but Axel sucks
  • If your thumbs dont hurt after playing, you havent tried hard enough
These are just tips for my way of playing the game.

:( Awww man, and i thought i was good at the game. I have only gotten Awsome liscense, I had no idea there was a crazy one as well. No i will never play the game!!

:lol: just kidding. But i don't think i am gonna try to beat any highscores now.

Originally posted by Flakvin@Jul 8, 2004 @ 10:04 PM

Tips, umm...
  • Make sure you know how to do the 'crazy stop'..
  • Make sure you know how to do the 'crazy start'. And use it everytime you pick up a customer, so you get upto speed quickly
  • Take advantage of all vehicles you pass so you can get the 'crazy through' bonuses (pass close to get the bonus), and lorries/buses will give you a bigger bonus than cars
  • When you think you are slowing down press 'forward gear' and 'accelerate' at the same time to get a small boost, I usually do this most of the time.
  • Do 'crazy drifts' around all tight, but open, corners to get bonuses
  • Make sure you know where each location is, and you know the quickest way there
  • Use either Gina or BD Joe. Gus is ok, but Axel sucks
  • If your thumbs dont hurt after playing, you havent tried hard enough
These are just tips for my way of playing the game.

Great -- thanks!

The crazy start and the drift is the only ones I know, I'm almost good at the start, but I haven't perfected it yet. Still have a ways to go on the drift. I'll have to learn the other stuff.

I had no idea you could get a liscense better than S! My highest is 6,000-some.

these are default game options right?

edit:

I'd like to add these tips to flakvins:

Constantly do crazy boosts quickly hit a then hold down b, then hold down accelerate (let go of the acceleration trigger then tap a to go in reverse, then hold down b forward then quickly after holding that down, accelerate. do those all the time, twice a second, and learn how to steer while doing them.

another thing, if your passengers destination is directly behind you, as soon as you can go, quickly push the control stick right or left, hold down reverse, then hold down forward, then hold down accelerate to turn in place quickly.

Another little trick is to drift into walls and get the car to tip on its side while still accelerating,you can get big extra bonuses at the end of your drifts with this....although it is sort of a cheap trick :)

Originally posted by Darklegion@Jul 11, 2004 @ 11:51 AM

Another little trick is to drift into walls and get the car to tip on its side while still accelerating,you can get big extra bonuses at the end of your drifts with this....although it is sort of a cheap trick :)

Yeah, that is a good one. I often do that at the heliport after racing up the hill.

Back