home entertainment system

Well I have a Sony receiver (slightly old so no DTS for me
sad.gif
but has dolby digital so it's not so bad), 200 disc changer, cd burner/player (a standalone unit for my dad so he doesn't bother me to make him audio cd's all the time), 9 year old vcr that is still incredibly good quality, dvd player (one of the original models), tape deck and 43" hidef projection tv. Everything works like a charm and quite frankly I have yet to come up with a reason to replace anything other than the receiver for DTS and the dvd player for cdr's.

Heck I've had this 17" Sony monitor for my pc and thing still has incredibly good picture and comes on in seconds unlike most old monitors. Trinitron all the way.

The only Sony product I have ever had break on me was a walkman tape player. Then again it went down 6 flights of stairs...it still played fine just the volume wheel broke so I couldn't adjust that anymore.

The one thing I have heard Sony is decent on is Displays -- tvs and monitors.

But you are still paying a bit more for them

I'm sure not everything that is Sony breaks, but you won't get the best bang for the buck with Sony.

If you want real quality get something like Onkyo or Denon.

JVC might not be bad for the cheaper stuff.

I personally went with Pioneer. I'm happy with my $300 purchase (receiver only).

Racket, there is now an army who agrees.

SONY makes quality products.. I don't care what you say.

Onkyo, Denon? Who the hell heard of those brands.

JVC = CHEAP PIECES OF CRAP, I could go on and on about JVC.

Pioneer is another one of my favorites.
cool.gif

Originally posted by Jaded God@Jul 21, 2003 @ 07:09 PM

Silly consumer.

Sony is just as good/bad as the next brand .Racketboy is right, you're paying extra for the brand name.

Originally posted by Jaded God@Jul 21, 2003 @ 09:09 PM

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

um any person who keeps up with real home theatre stuff
biggrin.gif

Subscribe and learn, my friend

anyway, NOBODY has said that Sony is worth the money -- just that their stuff is still breathing.

Most of their stuff isn't necessaribly bad, just not worth it

Just to let you know, I do some sound work part-time and we have mostly Denon components.

Just a quick rundown of Sony experience (good and bad)

3 yr-old Shelf System -- cd changer stoped recognizing ANY cds -- however I still use the speakers today for my HT. (however I have a cheap no-name counterpart that has still lived more than 5 years and has been handed down to my dad's office).

CD Burner -- died after 2 years

old tape recorder -- lived a good 10 years or so

USB Keychain drive -- has worked for about a year now but case is fragile. Bought a Dell one from my lil bro -- it holds twice as much costs less, is smaller, and is much more durable.

Many stories of VAIO laptops breaking to pieces

and of course the many dead PSXs and PS2s that we've all heard of.

I'm not an anti-fanboy or anything, I'm just trying to keep people from making bad purchasing decisions.

I've usually stayed away from Sony products as other brands offered pretty much the same thing for less. But the Sony equipment I have bought has worked fine.
smile.gif

I do agree on the name part. As with most big brands, you pay more for the name. For a lowert price, you can usually find comprable stereo products. I personally have heard many horror stories on Sony Computer products. But to be honest, I have experienced hell working on Compaq, HP and Dell.

My experience with Sony is fairly limited, but overall I'd say positive. The Trinitron TV we have is going strong after maybe 10 years, though all the numbers have worn off the remote. The Sony stereo I have works fine, but has a pretty poor noise floor.

I tend to steer clear of brandname systems when buying PC's. The non-standard internal designs often make them next to impossible to upgrade. That said, I do tend towards brandname components like Asus, hopefully for good reason.

BTW, nice sig Joe
wink.gif

i might change the sig make it fit better and then put my responce in

realized that even after editing it's still too long to add my responce

so here it goes

stupid leading on bitch ill be angry for a few more months so till then fucking leading on bitch

The only brand name PC I would buy, is Alienware. And at there price, you might as well build. I suppose if I wasn't confident building one, I would probably get one of theirs.

Originally posted by joe81@Jul 21, 2003 @ 08:38 PM

so here it goes

stupid leading on bitch ill be angry for a few more months so till then fucking leading on bitch

you dont make much sense :huh

Originally posted by fistedjustice+Jul 22, 2003 @ 03:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fistedjustice @ Jul 22, 2003 @ 03:31 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-joe81@Jul 21, 2003 @ 08:38 PM

so here it goes

you dont make much sense :huh [/b][/quote]

laugh.gif

well it wasn't my true responce but ya i know i dont make sense

here i'll put the sentence into english instead of angry short bursts of words

You are a stupid leading on bitch. I will be angry at you for months for leading me on for the last year of my life; till i'm not angry any more at you, you are a fucking leading on bitch to me.

Originally posted by fistedjustice@Jul 22, 2003 @ 10:02 AM

Or, you could do what I did to this girl once. Hit her with a baseball bat.

BY THE WAY I AM NOT SOME GUY THAT BEATS UP ON GIRLS I AM A GIRL MYSELF, I JUST DONT PUT UP WITH STUPID PEOPLE. :flamethrower:

Back