home entertainment system

here is my home entertainment system power machine. amps and the like come later :).

Cele-T Engineering Sample 6 x 150 = 900mhz with a 1.050 vcore(passive cooling)

Abit St6 with 1x 256mb pc150 Registered ECC Sdram

1 40GB Maxtor 7200 Rpm Drive might switch to 5400rpm for quiet

Radeon Aiw 8500DV(digital version)

DMX 6Fire 24-96 with break out box. :drool: (360 cad without tax :()

16x Dvd Drive

48x24x48x Cd-rw drive

Fan controller thinger for dem hot days.

With a fully homebuilt self designed plexiglass case.

Maybe some cold cathode lights so it makes itself brighten up.

all costing me about oh 800 cad :smokin:

should i get a sound card that outputs dolby or 5.1 or something to hook up to my system or no(all i want to do is play my mp3s on it)/

Originally posted by joe81@Jul 23, 2003 @ 07:38 PM

should i get a sound card that outputs dolby or 5.1 or something to hook up to my system or no(all i want to do is play my mp3s on it)/

so are you thinking of doing a PC thing or do you still want a separate stereo setup?

do you have exisiting stereo speakers?

I have some Sonys that are left over from the dead shelf system they came with.

THey hold up pretty well for my music and movies.

If so, get a decent reciever and a DVD player that plays MP3s.

Or you can do like me and get a really cheap/old computer, put a decent sound card in it and hook it up to a reciever.

I will have mine networked to my other PCs so I can control what is playing and everything without having to have a separate monitor hooked up to it.

ya i am still thinking about getting an all in one box system(not sure what one that's to be seen) and i'll hook my computer and my tv up to it.

the reason i dont go with just buying it by components is because i'm a college student living in a dorm room so i mean i can't get all fancy(pluss i'm in debt lol damn college loans) so that's why i'm going with one of the home entertainment packages.

do you care about surround sound?

If not, I would just get a plain receiver and 2 decent speakers for now.

Spend $200 on the receiver

$80 on Speakers

and $100 on a (optional)subwoofer (it a Sony, but it's cheap)

I personally am without a subwoofer for now cause my neighbors below (apartment) would probably kill me if I did

If you do want surround sound, Here's a decent setup

The separate package will probably end up sounding better for music than the all-in-one

Then hook your computer up to the recevier to play your MP3s.

Don't need a super good sound card for that

BTW, Crutchfield has awesome service

yea, i was thinking about a sb live 5.1 but my dad says he wants to record what he plays onto it and burn it to disc in raw unedited goodness thats why i am spending the extra $100 on the Dmx but hey even an audigy 1 would pump your mp3's better than most cheap dvd players with mp3 support.

JVC = CRAP

I have one of their Hi-Fi Silver VCR's and its a P.O.S and I payed about 179 for it... It broke.

Oh yea, and let us not forget my JVC detachable face plate CD Player in my car... that was about 150 and it skips on bumps and shit, when it isn't supposed to.

JVC tv = it broke in a short period of time.

I hate JVC.. Infact, I would like to visit their company and punch the head guy in the face :angry: :flamethrower:

Back