Hookups! Cables! AHH!

Jaded God

Established Member
Does anyone ever find they have wayyyy too much shit hooked up to one tv or one entertainment center... I have a n64, snes, gamecube, dc, psx, saturn, and im about to hook up a ps2 and a nes to one tv... I have 2 surge protectors with 6 sockets each and I already need a third... :-/ On my tv upstairs I have my two VCR's together with my Monster Cables, then my DVD player, then another psone. I dont know where the hell to put it all... I think you need like 400 tv's to do it right. There goes the neighborhood...

I think you simply have too much hardware, not to mention money/time. Good lord, get rid of some of it.
tongue.gif

And pick up one or two video switch boxes... the kind with four inputs for video and stereo audio, four buttons and one output (plus a headphone/line-out jack on the front). Immensely useful, these things. You could even cascade them to hook up... *thinks*... 16 sources to one TV by using five boxes and hooking up the first four boxes to the inputs of the fifth.

I do have a switch box and Im using it right now... Hey Taelon do you have AIM or anything I would like to talk to you about some stuff other than here or pm... ARe you on direct connect lately?

Jaded God, you wouldn't have to ask me for contact info if you just looked at my SX profile
tongue.gif
it's all there. I'm phasing out my DC++ presence, don't use Trillian (for ICQ/AIM) as much as I should, so email might be your best bet right now.

My receiver helps with multiple hookups, but I'm looking to get myself a new PC to use as an emua box.

Running Genesis, SCD, and 32X games off there alone with reduce a lot of wire and AC adapter clutter.

To game room TV i've got:

-PSX

-PSOne (only temp. I bring it places)

-PS2

-Xbox

-Dreamcast

-Saturn

-VCR

-DVD player

-8mm Tape Deck

-BetaMax (
tongue.gif
)

-Reciever

To TV in My Room:

-NES

-Genesis

-2nd Saturn

-VCR

-computer (through Scan Converter)

I'm in the process of changing everything around though, I just trash picked a 36in. TV
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

I think my house will burn down from all this stuff being plugged in at once (already had many, many circuit breaks) hehehe

:
wink.gif
:

So, it's official. We're all hoarders....

I traded my N64 (for which I still had the box and all included manuals) for an NES with some games today. It runs perfectly. None of that "let's wiggle the console and blow out the games" crap to get it to work. So, yeah, I now have an NES, a Saturn, a Dreamcast, and a PS2 hooked up to my TV. I'm still looking for an Atari 2600 and 5200, a Sega Master System, and a Gamecube....Where am I going to fit all this? Where am I going to get the money to buy these things? What am I doing with my life? ....I guess I'm just escaping reality....::Shrugs:: HEY! Look at that! I still have the box and all included manuals for my old NES (which my grandma jacked), as well....Damn....I'm a pack rat....

Well, I only have one large tv, so most of my systems are hooked up to it. Heres whats on it:

-3DO

-NES

-SNES

-Genesis

-32X

-Sega CD

-Sega Saturn

-Dreamcast

-PS2

-XBox

-Gamecube

I recently removed and sold my Atari 2600 and N64, but those were hooked up as well before I sold them. I also have two vcrs hooked up to.

Originally posted by Supergrom@Dec. 03 2002, 8:55 pm

Then I have my dreamcast hooked up to my computer through my TV capture card, and My NES and games are sitting in a closet (who needs it with NesterDC?). I refuse to sell my old gaming systems, it would be like getting rid of an old friend (I havent played my Game gear in forever, but i cant bare to part with it)

Wait wait wait. Let me get this straight. You have a DC sitting beside your computer and you're using a capture card to play it? Good god man get yourself a VGA box.

Originally posted by googlefest1@Dec. 03 2002, 11:25 am

yea but its not the same - the feeling is different - plus its not perfect emulation

well you could keep the original system hooked up in another room

Originally posted by Taelon@Dec. 04 2002, 2:09 pm

Zziggy: what is an 8mm tape deck?

Did you mean a DAT recorder?

Sorry bad wording it's an 8mm tape player (for the handheld camcorders) does that clear anything up?? ???

I know the feeling.. i have all the wires for all my systems.. my pc.. and my stero all together.. and the worst part of this is we now have two kittens.. lets just say its a disaster!

ok, time for you all to lose, heres all what i have hooked up.

-Nes

-SNES

-Super Famicom

-Nintendo 64

-Gamecube

-Turbo Grafx 16

-Intellivision

-DVD player

-PS2

-PSX

-Sega Saturn

-JVC x eye

-Dreamcast

BEAT THAT!!!

Topped: Lights in the neighborhood dim when powered up. Ah the neighbors christmas lights go out......

-Nes

-SNES

-Nintendo 64

-Gamecube

-Turbo Grafx 16

-Intellivision

-Atari 2600

-Atari 5200

-Atari Jaguar

-PSX

-PS2

-Sega Master System