How Burn a PhotoCD for Saturn???????

Recently I get the sega Saturn software Photo CD and I want to burn a CD with photos , but I have no idea

What program I use to burn PhotoCD´s?

Can you help me please.

P.S.: Sorry for my bad English

Not really shure, but I guess there is a special image format that it can read. Perhaps jpg. You could try, since I dont think you need the protection ring for photo-cds.

I believe you need the Kodak special photo CD format. Google for it or something... I'm not sure if it's possible to burn those at home, with consumer burners.

It is possible to burn a Photo CD with a consumer burner, but you need software capable of creating a Photo CD.

I have made Photo CDs for my VCD daughter card before. And yes, those were offical Kodak Picture CDs playable in any PhotoCD compatable unit. Psudo VCD Photo CDs are not the same.

Since the format is closed, You need the special Kodak Photo CD Mastering software, Special SCSI Burner, and CD Writing software released by Kodak to the photo developers. But if your smart, you will convert the Kodak Image to a standard binary so any burner will work.

Originally posted by Cecilia Chen@Apr 16, 2003 @ 11:18 PM

But if your smart, you will convert the Kodak Image to a standard binary so any burner will work.

But of course you won't impart this knowledge upon us mere mortals.
rolleyes.gif

I remember I had a look on that a long time ago. The only software I found to make PCD files was Graphic Workshop. I'm sure there was a release of Easy CD Creator which was able to burn Kodak Photo Cd (I had it).

Please people let Photo CD's die already. They really were pointless at the time and now we have Picture CD's which use the much more convinent and better jpg format. God I hate photo cd's with a passion.

The only drawback of this format it's that it makes big files when you choose to store a picture in 3 or 4 resolutions. There are no other picture viewer on Saturn. I tried to make one (it works fine), but you have to convert all your files to Saturn file format and these files are RAW files so there are big too.

If you read the specs of Easy CD Creator, it does NOT create compatable Photo CDs. Photo CDs are proprietory to Kodak. Easy CD simply makes its own Psudo disks. And regarding image conversions, that doesn't make a diffrence since you need the mastering software to compile a CD (Similar to a DVD Authoring software). And then after that you'd have a Kodak image file which needs to be converted to BIN to burn the image. Otherwise you need the Kodak CD-R burner that came with the pack.

And before anyone else starts messaging my box, No I won't ISO my HK disk for an FTP, No kodak wouldn't sell it to you, no it isn't sold anymore, and no you couldn't afford it even if it did.

Originally posted by Cecilia Chen@Apr 17, 2003 @ 01:45 AM

If you read the specs of Easy CD Creator, it does NOT create compatable Photo CDs. Photo CDs are proprietory to Kodak. Easy CD simply makes its own Psudo disks. And regarding image conversions, that doesn't make a diffrence since you need the mastering software to compile a CD (Similar to a DVD Authoring software). And then after that you'd have a Kodak image file which needs to be converted to BIN to burn the image. Otherwise you need the Kodak CD-R burner that came with the pack.

And before anyone else starts messaging my box, No I won't ISO my HK disk for an FTP, No kodak wouldn't sell it to you, no it isn't sold anymore, and no you couldn't afford it even if it did.

i have access to a Kodak Photo CD BUrner. i do not know if it works or not, and i do not know how to hook it up, but i am certain that if it's still in the shop i can have it for free.

any clue on how to hook it up to a PC? what about software?

well maybe you could make some sort of ghetto-ass photoCD-like thing... burn a CD with all your images in HTML files and put the netlink browser on it :p

Originally posted by A Murder of Crows+Aug 26, 2003 @ 05:30 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(A Murder of Crows @ Aug 26, 2003 @ 05:30 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Cecilia Chen@Apr 17, 2003 @ 01:45 AM

i have access to a Kodak Photo CD BUrner. i do not know if it works or not, and i do not know how to hook it up, but i am certain that if it's still in the shop i can have it for free.

any clue on how to hook it up to a PC? what about software? [/b][/quote]

Just so you know if memory serves me right then photo cd's were mastered on specially modified macs.

Originally posted by AntiPasta@Aug 26, 2003 @ 08:13 AM

well maybe you could make some sort of ghetto-ass photoCD-like thing... burn a CD with all your images in HTML files and put the netlink browser on it :p

I like that I idea.. I bet it could work... but I think you need the netlink pluged into it to even get the browser.. I should see.. I own a netlink myself.. I've viewed pictures I put up on my website.. and the colour always looks off... and you have to resize all you picture so they will fit on the screen... but I think I will play around with my Netlink 4 Beta CD.. see if Can swap HTML code and picture.. which I'm pretty sure you can.. I just think you need the netlink pluged in to veiw the stuff on a cd....

well I think you can view the offline files (those on the CD that get loaded automatically) even when you don't insert the netlink...

I remember my 2x sony burner was listed as being able to burn photo cd's. Last I heard of that burner though, was about 6 months after I sold it to a friend... it caught fire inside his pc lol!

Any CD Burner can make a Kodak Photo CD. The only thing which designates the CD as a Kodak CD is the format and layout in which data is organized on the disk (Like VCD). You can make such CDs with any burner if you had the programs to create the disk Images (BIN) or know how to compile projects by hand. But doing it by hand would be like asking someone to author and compile DVD structure and Ifo support files by hand. Any DVD player can burn those, but if your structure and videos are not compiled right then the DVD won't play in standalones. So unless someone unbans Cec, and she suddenly decides to bestow everyone with a iso/copy of her HK Silver disk, I doubt the Kodak PC authoring software will ever be released.

Originally posted by Trenton net@Sep 8, 2003 @ 11:04 PM

So unless someone unbans Cec

I doubt it.

and she suddenly decides to bestow everyone with a iso/copy of her HK Silver disk...

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. :lol:

Oh I know that they'd be burnable in any cd burner if you had the program for it. I'm just saying that my sony burner went out of it's way to inform you that it could do it. The software may have been able to do it, but I can't honestly remember since I always just used cdrwin lol.

Back