How does my JAP Saturn plays US games?

I have a white JAP Saturn (modded) and I stuck in my US version of NiGHTS the other day, and it boots up! How is this possible? The disc is an original, not a backup and I am not using an Action Replay cart. :huh

Hmm.. Interesting. I just checked the game with the country code converter. Look what I found:

Game Title: NiGHTS

"For JAPAN"

Product No. MK-81020

Area Symbols: JTU

Compatible Peripherals: EJ

How does this work?? This game plays in both US and JAP Saturns! The case doesn't say NTSC|U/C anywhere, but you can tell it's a US game because of the cover art. (Sega Saturn logo, etc.) I didn't know they made games with mutiple region codes.

There are a few games that work on both. I think the capcom mini street figher game (whatever it was called) would actually play on both my japanese and american systems. I know I also have some other american game that works on both as well, but I can't think of it at the moment. So, yes, there are games with no or multiple region codes.

Originally posted by Malakai@Thu, 2005-06-23 @ 11:12 PM

There are a few games that work on both. I think the capcom mini street figher game (whatever it was called) would actually play on both my japanese and american systems

It's called Pocket Fighter.

I own the original -- great game.

And all this time I could have booted it natively -- bummer :)

Back