How is there not a Batman Begins topic yet?

I thought it was great.. I wish they would remake all the old batmans along these lines. By far the best batman I've ever seen and a pretty damn good movie by itself. :D

Dude, it's Batman, of course it's gonna be great. :p

Then again, I'm one of the few who acutally like Batman & Robin. I am a Batman fanatic afterall. Batman Forever is the best Batman in my opinion.

I hope to see Begins in a couple weeks.

I am a TRUE Batman fanatic. That means I love the Batman in the comic books. I don't like the campy TV show; and I hated B&R and Forever. Utter crap in my opinion.

i liked the first 2 batman movies and thought they were good movies. i dont know the different batman comics had different dark levels some of them were really dark books the other more kids books. (i forget the different series names that i'm talking about because i haven't read or looked at my books in a long time but i do remember in one of them joker went ape shit on robin with a bat or a something and bashed his skull in)

I also enjoyed it. I totally thought it was Jerry O'Connell though, then i looked on IMDB and he was supposedly born 18 days after Christian Bale. Separated at birth? i think so smile.gif

What? They look nothing alike, heh.

Then again, I'm one of the few who acutally like Batman & Robin. I am a Batman fanatic afterall. Batman Forever is the best Batman in my opinion.

Good god, tell me you're kidding, please.

(i forget the different series names that i'm talking about because i haven't read or looked at my books in a long time but i do remember in one of them joker went ape shit on robin with a bat or a something and bashed his skull in)

There was the infamous 'Death of Robin' event back in the 80's, where the fans actually voted (call-in) as to whether Robin (2) should live or die. They voted that he be killed, and so the Joker beat the crap out of him and left him to die in a burning warehouse. That remains as one of the only times a major comic book character has actually remained dead, although of course another Robin came along eventually to fill his shoes. Batman was mighty depressed for quite some time after that incident.

Originally posted by it290@Sat, 2005-06-18 @ 09:47 PM

There was the infamous 'Death of Robin' event back in the 80's, where the fans actually voted (call-in) as to whether Robin (2) should live or die. They voted that he be killed, and so the Joker beat the crap out of him and left him to die in a burning warehouse. That remains as one of the only times a major comic book character has actually remained dead, although of course another Robin came along eventually to fill his shoes. Batman was mighty depressed for quite some time after that incident.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

That isn't true anymore. Jason Todd came back as the new Red Hood about three months ago. :damn: :bs :angry: You can blame Judd Winick (the guy from Real World) for it, he's writing it.

i think i have that comic i know i have one where joker went ape shit and bashed robin's skull in. to be on topic again i might see the movie i did say i'd never go to another movie again so i dont know. It all comes down to if i can get a date if so then i'll ask them to see if it not it'll be another movie that i see for free sometime in the future. fuck the MPAA

My girlfriend and I are going to see this tomorrow. She may not know this yet, but when I have her gagged and leashed while dragging her through the parking lot she'll understand what is about to happen, and not a night of S+M as she would probably be hoping for.

I am excited to see this one (would have earlier, but I'm busy as all hell, getting ready for my trips north im taking). I like the return to a darker story, anything Christian Bale is in is always dark. That's why I liked the first two, Tim Burton does a very good job at dark movies that are still suitable for most ages. And I don't know about anyone else but I love Michael Keaton as Batman...

Originally posted by lordofduct@Sun, 2005-06-19 @ 05:28 PM

And I don't know about anyone else but I love Michael Keaton as Batman...

The first (modern) Batman movie directed by Tim Burton with Michael Keaton is my favourite so far.

Originally posted by mal@Sun, 2005-06-19 @ 08:54 AM

The first (modern) Batman movie directed by Tim Burton with Michael Keaton is my favourite so far.

[post=135424]Quoted post[/post]​

mal, have you seen Batman Begins? If you haven't I can understand why the first Burton Batman movie would be your favorite. It really is a cool movie. But after you watch Batman Begins, the Burton movie(s) will be nonexistant.

DAMN IT! I didn't get to go tonight, my girlfriend didn't want to go, and she is VERY persuasive...

So I probably will see it tomorrow with Steve. She is heading to Chicago so she won't be around to persuade me again. I have to see this before thursday when I fly to Boston.

Well, I went and saw it earlier today. Can't say I was real impressed. It was decent, but I thought Batman was a far better movie. Might have to watch that one again for comparison purposes; I've seen Returns several times, but I haven't seen Batman for a while. The whole 'swarm of bats' scene from Year One was pretty cool, but that was the only part I really liked.

That isn't true anymore. Jason Todd came back as the new Red Hood about three months ago. damn.gif icon_bs.gif angry.gif You can blame Judd Winick (the guy from Real World) for it, he's writing it.

That's lame, what has he supposedly been doing all these years?

Oh yeah, OT, but I also saw Dead Ringers for the first time tonight. Now _that_ was a good fucking movie.

Back