How is there not a Batman Begins topic yet?

Jason Todd's return is tied in with this years Infinity Crossover. Many dead people have been returning from the grave. Hell, the only real dead person is Barry Allen (Flash 2). The story is actually shapping up to be pretty interesting.

They brought Barry Allen back once, but it turned out to be an alternate universe. :p

Wait a second... I think I might've just figured out where Winick is taking the Jason Todd return... Infinite Crisis coming up, Crisis on Infinite Earths dealt with... well... way too many alternate realities... Flash was doing quite a bit with alternate universes before I dropped the title a year and a half ago (due to finances, I had to drop about 2/3 of what I was buying. That's one of the books I'll be filling in at the next big convention I can get to). Hal Jordan, Oliver Queen, Donna Troy, Jason Todd... Not to mention several villians that have come back from the dead...

Back on topic...

As just a movie, I thought Batman Begins was on par with Burton's two Bat-films. IMHO, Mask of the Phantasm remains the best Batman movie.

As a comic-book-movie, however, Batman Begins blew away all previous attempts. I can name everything I didn't like about it (as a comic geek); Ras never called Batman "Detective" (though hopefully that will happen in a sequel); Jim Gordon is supossed to have been a Seargent in Chicago when Bruce Wayne's parents were killed, so he shouldn't have been the detective on the case in Gotham; and Bruce Wayne is NOT supossed to know that Lucius Fox knows he's Batman. (Well, that and wouldn't the microwave transmitter have evaporated the water in everyone's bodies as well?) Now, if those are the only nit-picks a Batman comic book fanatic like me can make after seeing it twice, then they definitley managed to pull it off. Granted, in the current (post-Crisis) mythos, Batman never found out who killed his parents, but Joe Chill came from the pre-Crisis stories. (Untold Legend of the Batman contains just about everything the movie used that didn't come from post-Crisis continuity.)

What did you guys think of the Batmobile in this movie? The stealth/invisible mode was pretty cool, but the overall shape of the vehicle didn't feel like the Batmobile for some reason.

VertigoXX: You say something about microwave evaporating water from peoples bodies. I haven't seen the movie so I don't know anything about what the device does exactly, but if it is something that microwaves people it wouldn't evaporate the water. Microwaves only make water vibrate faster and increase in temperature. So it would of boiled the people to death.

Like that Security Guard there in Russia at that Microwave antenna place. He was cold so he sat in front of the antenna and boiled himself to death. It's like sticking a toad in water and slowly raising the temp, it wont notice that it is reaching such a deadly temperature because he stays acclimated to it the whole time.

Now that I think about it, I should have saved that link when I read that story! DAMN IT!

I noticed the water thing too. The only thing I could think of to explain it is that maybe they were only pointing the device at the water main, causing it to turn into steam all down the line and burst pipes all over the place. Of course, that's not very plausible either, and plenty of people would probably have died just from being blasted with steam in the first place.

As for the Batmobile, I didn't care for it. It was probably more realistic than previous designs, but it was just aesthetically unappealing and didn't say 'Batman' at all.

Back