How long has SX been around?

racketboy

Established Member
This might be a dumb question.

(I probably missed the "Establised 199X" sign when I walked in)

How long has Sega Xtreme been around?

How long has the board been around?

I registered at SX's ezboards on April 17, 2000. I believe SX's inception was sometime around the later half of 1999. I remember Arakon mentioning a while back that SX started out as a site about Sega music.

IIRC, SX went through at least 2 ezboards, the latest being this one. SX switched to IkonBoard 2 in April 2001 when, as megametalgreymon mentioned above, popups and ads started infesting ezboards. One year later (i.e., April 2002), SX upgraded to IkonBoard 3.

SegaXtreme has been around for.. well, christ, it was sometime in the summer of 1999. I remember "Iceman2k"/"Limbsaflyin" spammed the newsgroups about his site with Sega music and we've been good lovers ever since then.

I'd say late July/early August. SX was started around the time my Saturn site got up. Back then, it was just about music. Some roms here and there later, then ISOs after that. How many of you around today can say they actually logged into SX off of Iceman's own home server? Heh. I know of Arakon, myself, and some others.

Oh yeah, since no one (I don't think) said it: happy late 3rd birthday, SX. You ruined my life!!

-Edit-

According to Ice, he started his home server sometime in 1998. Of course, right now he's under ill influences (too much cough medicine, I'm sure), so you can take that as the truth or a lie.

"Oh yeah, since no one (I don't think) said it: happy late 3rd birthday, SX. You ruined my life"!!

Haha thats funny stuff!
biggrin.gif

haha, i remember when ice had the great idea to host iso's off his personal computer for the whole community without user limits......

the wonderful limitations of broadband ROFL.

I bet ice is still feeling his bandwith being raped many years after he shut it down.

Originally posted by chakan@Oct. 05 2002, 11:42 am

How many of you around today can say they actually logged into SX off of Iceman's own home server? Heh. I know of Arakon, myself, and some others.

I can.. Ahh.. The memories.. It's good to see SegaXteme is still around even though I don't come here as much as I use to back then..
smile.gif

Back