how many people new sega began in the

and that it was an american company first

sega comes from service games and they had a big buisness selling entertainment games to the american military bases in japan (NE1 EVER SEEN ONE OF THOSE OLD ASS GAMES ) i saw a arm wresteling game which was sega - i think it said sega -- well anyways i saw one of those types of games and it stumped me that it said sega on it

Seriously, proofread your posts before submitting them. Punctuation, spelling and grammar doesn't hurt, and you get the added bonus of people understanding what you actually mean.

Anyway, you can read about the history of Sega in Sam Pettus' quite good history at Segabase.

i was waiting for someone ti mention somethign like that

but im not writning some lab report or grant proposal so i dont usualy proof read or use puntuation in emails or things like this also im one of theose few people that use dashes as punctuation -- i remember i had a professor that was excited about that but asked me not to -- i dont get it the dahs is an excepted form of puntuation but not used or rarly recognised - i dotn see why not

i hope this dosent turn into a discution about gramar

i dont see where the previous posts were not understandable are you one of those people that get real anoyed about gramar - like my sister

I'm not attempting to make this into a grammar lesson, but more often than not I avoid reading whatever your type simply because it doesn't make any sense. Out of the four posts I read your shortest one (which is the one I'm responding).

are you sure your not confusing me with someone else?

i re read the posts and they seem fine to me

ne1 have trouble understanding this or anyother posts ive made before?

Yes, much trouble. It doesn't matter what you're writing or where you're writing, you should always write correctly. Looking intelligent is very important, even on the internet.

Originally posted by mercatfat@Aug. 07 2002, 4:00 pm

Yes, much trouble. It doesn't matter what you're writing or where you're writing, you should always write correctly. Looking intelligent is very important, even on the internet.

what a concept!
smile.gif

a few acronyms, abbreviations or something are fine, but commas and stuff can be very important.

It's very hard to read a mis-punctuated and misspelled sentence or paragraph.

fuck the spelling back to the history lessons! open your books children. Did you know that nintendo was actually around since the 1800's making playing cards?

you guys never heard that engineers cant spell????????

ok i will try to be mr english class and critique everyone else too
smile.gif

dudes i have to look at the keyboard when i type but i type fast and there are many times where i wont look at the key board and thats when the misspellings happen im real used to using spell chek to fix but but we dont have one here so i just say fuck it they will understand and the punchuation thing thats my last step after spell check ahh oh well what can i do i thought its easy to understand a space and dashes cause a break in your reading i thought that would cause a pause when your mentaly sounding it out

i gues i have to be more meticulus -- also im a bad speller

Punctuation, spelling, self-expression, grammar, use of the English language, etc.

He's almost worse than a certain unnamed supposed female....

are you talking about me? wtf whats with up you people and grammar - i gues thats what i should expect from a bunch of liberal arts people - im sorry i never cared for that i was always felt spending so much time on that was a waste and took away time from exposing people to alot of math and science (not important but felt like saying that)--- i feel its only important to makesure everythig is correct in important documents - like school or work

oh another reason is i dont like reaching for those keys i gues you can call it lazy typeing

ill try not to forget to write normal

sorry

ive never been criticized so much about this sheesh!

wtf whats with up you people and grammar

I can't speak for others, but while minor mistakes (e.g. confusing then and than, except and accept, effect and affect, etc.) don't bother me much, lack of proper punctuation really kills readability.

im sorry i never cared for that i was always felt spending so much time on that was a waste and took away time from exposing people to alot of math and science

It's a little difficult to convey complex math and science concepts effectively without consistent use of language...

no it dosent take many words to explain something, it takes a formula-- and yes i agree with what you said - about your quote (i need to find out how to quote) my point was just about the amount of time spent on it -- not that it should not exist - also school in general moves too slow - but i realy dont want to start a discution on that - this place is for games

alas, i have to agree with you all - my writing here sucks and one should always try to do things right and not be lazy

Back