how many think sega will come out with a

Originally posted by Raijin Z+Aug. 07 2002, 3:40 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Raijin Z @ Aug. 07 2002, 3:40 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Cynnamin@Aug. 07 2002, 9:02 am

Incorrect -

A console is only as good as its marketing.

You make me rather sick.[/b][/quote]

And?

You know where the Close button is.

I think I've seen Cynnamin referred to as a guy twice now since I've been here....Jeez.

I wasn't going to leave a reply, but then I noticed the mention of Nintendo's freaking robot thing. What game was that compatible with, anyway? I remember playing with it on some game where you had to control pipes moving around so your dude could run around the screen and access other areas....Or something like that....Eh....I just said screw the robot and got my younger cousin to operate the pipes while I did all the playing. Seemed like a good strategy to me....

Ok Ps3 specs last i heard

256 Meg video (just developed)

2.0 Ghz AMD Processor

Running Lunix

Fiber optic connection to the net

Downloading of games to prevent pircacy? (dunno about that part)

It will be released in 2005

I think sega will come out with another console due to Japanese tradition. Dishonor is not well taken. 2 failed systems looks very bad they will release a 3rd to make up for it. (note Sony did a lot of sega cd games to prep for the playstation orginally to be an SNES addon)

Originally posted by Agent21KGB@Aug. 08 2002, 9:54 pm

Ok Ps3 specs last i heard

256 Meg video (just developed)

2.0 Ghz AMD Processor

Running Lunix

Fiber optic connection to the net

Downloading of games to prevent pircacy? (dunno about that part)

It will be released in 2005

Theres no way PS3 will have a amd processor...Sony is working with IBM & Toshiba, i posting a link regarding that earlier.The rest is just speculation (obviously)

On a side note...What ever became of that Dreamcast on a chip plan Sega had?Sounded like a cool idea, having basically a DC built into DVD players
smile.gif

hey what is th next step in conosoles anyway do you guys think? what will the next, next gen consoles be? I'm gussing like holographs or something with helmets but i dunno. what about you?

i would definatley think they would have a helmet thing with 2 lcds in it with a type of suround sound and mabey a one handed joystick - with ofcourse a control pad

but also have those options anyway with out the helmet

procceseing that would make everything look like it does out side of your window

a new drive (dvd being obsolete) - mabey even a drive that uses a specific wavelength not available to the PC market - as a copy protection scheme

but it always is dependent on demand -

--- that helmet and one handed joystick has been out for quite some time on the pc and i hardly hear about it

mabey even a 3d control pad that twists

since ddr mats seem to be popular some thing like that for sports games (tred mill style )

YOU CAN IMAGINE ANYTHING -- especaily since manufactiring gets cheaper every month (as long as you invest in new machines)

If sega didnt release the sega cd 32x and a better version of the saturn, they would have been ok and still performed well as a hardware company. But releasing those systems damaged their reputation and they never recovered.

Just have to add my two cents to this. Very personally deep down inside as a Sega Fan I know I want another Sega system, but as a person that knows a few things about buisness, I also know that Sega can get alot more profit being a software company. I don't want Sega to go bankrupt of die, like so many VG companies have. Losing Sega would be a devastating blow to all gamers, Sega fans or not. I do belive that Sega makes simply the best games. Although this seems like a Fanboy attitude alot will agree with me, and if more poeple see the great things those bright minds at Sega come up with, more poeple will become Sega fans. In Short If Sega makes more fans by selling games on other systems and assures its great financial comeback, then maybe one day it will realease another system. We can only hope and pray that hawks like EA, Sony, and Microsoft don't buy it out or do little to oppose Sega. I think those poeple at Sega aren't stupid, and if I can think of this idea to build a fan base thats much bigger, I'm sure they already have.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Cynnamin+Aug. 08 2002, 5:10 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cynnamin @ Aug. 08 2002, 5:10 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Raijin Z@Aug. 07 2002, 3:40 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Cynnamin
@Aug. 07 2002, 9:02 am

Incorrect -

A console is only as good as its marketing.

You make me rather sick.

And?

You know where the Close button is.[/b][/quote]

Brain one.

Melon.

San Fernando.

XB is getting whored out in every available media outlet, yet I don't see it flying off the shelves. Maybe falling off of them, while people reach for the Gamecube boxes without asking a store employee for assistance. Then again, Nintendo wasn't ever much for advertising their own hardware. It was always Sega and 3DO talking about how the "other guys" sucked, that you should grow up, stop playing with toys, and move on to the alleged "next level". I don't see Sega systems or 3DO units outside of pawn shops now. So much for advertising being the SOLE DECIDING FACTOR IN THE INITIAL SUCCESS AND LONGEVITY OF A SYSTEM.

I hope they do,but i doubt they will.not for the foreseeable future.

Hardware costs more to produce than software,and you make a loss selling the hardware when its sold.but software,is a cheap(compared to hardware)easy way to make money.

I think they are more likely to sit back for a few years,selling tons of games,making a ton of cash.

But then, sometime in the future........hopefully

Back in the day there were fewer gamers, and they played because they enjoyed the games--not because it was an established de facto of everyday life.

Today we have a new breed of gamers: the "casual gamers." And this is the group that is being aggressively marketed. Cookie cutter games like Tony Hawk, and putrid games based on fads like South Park are becoming the money makers.

True, advertising isn't everything. But with a successful hype machine pushing your product you get your foot in the door. Once people start believing the hype it becomes fact. Word spreads, more people buy the hype, and so a solid user base is formed. I don't know about you, but I hardly saw any Sega ads outside gaming mags during the Genesis days through the DC days. Can't go a day without seeing a PS2, GCN, or Xbox ad.

Shit, I'm not even sure I'm making sense now. I'm really tired for some reason. I'll stop this pointless rant now.

edit: Will Sega release a new system? I'd like them to, but I really don't see it ever happening again.

My question is: Why exactly are people so insistent and hopeful that Sega will come out with another system? It's not like they aren't still creating stellar titles...

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Aug. 23 2002, 9:28 am

My question is: Why exactly are people so insistent and hopeful that Sega will come out with another system? It's not like they aren't still creating stellar titles...

But it's not the same as playing them on a nice little box with Sega written on it. Plus, being an avid Sega fan while they release stuff on 4 platforms is hardly easy on most people's pockets.

I say in about 10 years, yes.

I've learned one thing and that's that people will almost always run to the new guy, no matter how many good games it has, when PS1 came out it had nothing, just a couple of crap games while saturn had daytona, virtua cop, virtua figher, panzer dragoon, etc. When X Box came out all it had was halo, and still the good "exclusive to x box" games are only a handful. So I say, if sega waits until no hip new companies are comming in, they'd have a good advantage.

On a side note, sony is still doing well, because they took the wussy way to their new system, adding "2" to the name of their previous console. If the saturn was called "genesis 2" i think they'd have done better.

piracy helps a system no end these days

most people i know want even touch a system unless

u can copy the games,and this is what brought sega down

theyd thought they had the perfect system and nobody could crack it how wrong they were, dont get me wrong i like the dreamcast a lot its got some class games on it the system is small and compact and that pad is ahh so comfy to play with,

remember when the ps1 came out so too the saturn ,

saturn in theory is a better machine but wasnt designed for 3d applications and wasnt very good at that sort of game ,ps1 beat it easily on this account but it beat it because of the "MODE-CHIP" and games were easily copied and passed around,sat mod chips were hard to come by,

it took me 6 years to get my hands on one by this time the saturn had been and gone,and most games never saw the light of day here in the uk.real shame .so will sega come up with another machine i very much doubt it although i would like to see some more competition instead of just sony, nintendo" i reckon they will stop making systems after the cube cause i dont think its doing so well no games no punters and people will leave it well alone theres certainly nothing over here in uk realeased for it anyway",big head microsoft "must admit the xbox is pretty good machine and some tasty games but the japanese market dont like foreign systems so they are not jumping on the xbox waggon" can anybody remember a system that actually made it big in japan apart from there own "ye me neither".theres only one thing that will beat consoles hands down thats the thing most of u are sat at reading this ,the good old pc itll still be here when theres an xbox 6 or ps8 or nintendo super fx cube .

consoles need to be re-designed with the future in hand not just more polygons and smoother visuals.there gonna have to go back to the good old spectrum and c64 days and have a good look at what made games so damn addictive,cause most of the games back then are much better than whats available now gameplay wise and moneys worth,its not just about visuals and how many kills u make.most people here wont even remember what good speccy games and c64 games there are.maybe its time u took a trip down memory lane got yourself some emulation software and tracked down all those good games from nearly 20 years ago .and then make decisions on whether sega should make another console.

Back