How old is SX ?

Hello Nadius. Your one of the names I recognize that is still here. Yeah, I used to live here as well. Under my old name Falstaff, I had like 649 posts in two years. No as many as some but respectable. I don't know if it still does, but there used to be a real edge to the site that made it a fun place to be part of. I went back to 2001-2004 and read some of the threads and they still made me chuckle.

Falstaff48 said:
I guess people move on with their lives. Gaming, while fun, takes a lot of time and the only ones with a lot of free time on their hands are young single people.

That pretty much sums it up for me.

Work, an 8 and a half year old daughter and a new girlfriend have managed to keep me from my consoles and from SX.

Oh well. ;)

Jedi Master Thrash said:
A wife is even worse :p

That seems to be the story for a lot of us. Wife and kid here, soon to be kids -- as in within a week or two.

dibz said:
That seems to be the story for a lot of us. Wife and kid here, soon to be kids -- as in within a week or two.

Hey, congrats! That's fantastic. Current kid sleeping through the night? Enjoy it while it lasts. :-D

Wife and kid here.

mtxblau said:
Hey, congrats! That's fantastic. Current kid sleeping through the night? Enjoy it while it lasts. :-D

Wife and kid here.

Yeah, the current kid is finally sleeping through the night most of the time, unless she's sick or something -- and even then she's pretty good about it.

dibz said:

Actually, my wife even plays some games with me, like mario party, mario kart, dr. mario, and... mortal kombat lol

She plays the sims 2 on the computer a fair amount so I don't catch hell for playing video games.

Scared0o0Rabbit said:
Actually, my wife even plays some games with me, like... mortal kombat lol

I'm not surprised. lol

My girlfriend is pretty competitive when it comes to Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. I try to steer clear when she loses to noobs who use smoke on xbox live. If I utter a word a single word or make the dumbest face of sympathy, she's liable to pinch. And she can pinch pretty hard.

I can't even remember the last time I posted here at SX. Good to see some of the originals, such as myself, are still around. I've been through a lot the last couple years, hence why I haven't been around. Working quite a bit, a couple girlfriends, got engaged (though she broke it off a month later), learned what it's like to be a father (My ex-fiance's daughter was born when we were together), etc. Basically, I woke up to the real world. I'm still collecting quite a bit (935 at last count), but I moved on from Sega a couple years ago. Though I've been bitten by the Saturn bug again, and have been buying quite a bit for that lately.

Yeah, the community really died down a few years ago. One of the reasons I drifted away as well. It's just as though overnight, the boards died. I was just at Eidolon's Inn and noticed how inactive their boards are. Anyone else picking up Pier Solar? Getting the posterity pack myself.

I still remember all the good times we all shared here. 2001 and 2004 were great years especially. And who can forget the big crush I had on Des-ROW? Haha. Haven't spoken to her in a year and half. Akuma, how you been? mal? vbt? Good to see you all again.

Man, I read the first 3 pages of this thread wondering when Cloud would show up. :rock:

I had a retro\nerd party at my apartment a few weeks ago. It was the first time in my life I got 12 people to actually play my 12 player Snake clone. Good times.

Back