How to burn games with 2 data/ISO tracks

This is very difficult to do right, so it's preferred to have a dual-data track game in bin/cue form.... But as a general rule of thumb, you wanna make a cuesheet with the first iso in Track 1 (Mode1/2048), then a pregap of 3 seconds followed by Track 2 (Mode2/2336), then another pregap of 2 seconds followed by all the audio tracks. Just like a regular iso/wav cuesheet except for the extra pregap between data tracks (note it's 3 seconds, not 2).

Of course if your data tracks are in raw mode, you want Track 1 and Track 2 to be Mode1/2352 and Mode2/2352, respectively.

Good luck.....and, uh, which game is it anyway?

Originally posted by Taelon@Sep. 17 2002, 6:59 am

This is very difficult to do right, so it's preferred to have a dual-data track game in bin/cue form.... But as a general rule of thumb, you wanna make a cuesheet with the first iso in Track 1 (Mode1/2048), then a pregap of 3 seconds followed by Track 2 (Mode2/2336), then another pregap of 2 seconds followed by all the audio tracks. Just like a regular iso/wav cuesheet except for the extra pregap between data tracks (note it's 3 seconds, not 2).

Of course if your data tracks are in raw mode, you want Track 1 and Track 2 to be Mode1/2352 and Mode2/2352, respectively.

Good luck.....and, uh, which game is it anyway?

it's langrisser 5, and should i put a postgap after the first track?

sinbios, good question...I'm not sure actually.

But what I've seen in the past is that every Saturn game with a single ISO track has a 2-second POSTGAP after Track 1 and a 2-second PREGAP before Track 2 showing in the cuesheet. I never quite figured out why that was necessary since I'm sure the postgap and pregap overlap and occupy the same 2 seconds... But I've only ever seen a pregap without a postgap for games with 2 ISO tracks. It was always a 3-second pregap before Track 2, then a 2-second pregap before Track 3 which would be the first audio track. You'll just have to see whether your CD recorder accepts your homemade cuesheet - if not, try adding the postgaps to match the pregaps... gawd, I just hope you're still following me at all...

OK. I've just burnt a dual iso CD and it works fine. Here's what I did:

To get the required files I ripped my Snatcher cd to a bin/cue file with CDRWin.

I then extracted the two data tracks as cooked (mode 1-2048 and mode 2-2336) and a wav.

Now the relevant part...

Starting with the hypothetical cuesheet I made ages ago, I put in the relevant file names:

FILE "snatcher track 01 MODE1-2048.iso" BINARY

TRACK 01 MODE1/2048

INDEX 01 00:00:00

FILE "snatcher track 02 MODE2-2336.mm2" BINARY

TRACK 02 MODE2/2336

PREGAP 00:03:00

FILE "snatcher track 03 AUDIO-2352.wav" WAVE

TRACK 03 AUDIO

PREGAP 00:02:00

It burnt with no problems and plays the FMVs flawlessly.

Here's a blank cue for you to try:

FILE track_01.ISO BINARY

TRACK 01 MODE1/2048

FILE track_02.ISO BINARY

TRACK 02 MODE2/2336

PREGAP 00:03:00

FILE track_03.WAV WAVE

TRACK 03 AUDIO

PREGAP 00:02:00

FILE track_04.WAV WAVE

TRACK 04 AUDIO

FILE track_05.WAV WAVE

TRACK 05 AUDIO

and so on for more audio tracks...

Just be sure that you have the correct sector sizes for the two isos specified in the cue sheet.

Awesome!
smile.gif
You made the cuesheet exactly as I had suggested initially. Seems postgaps aren't necessary at all - I'm happy it worked for you. Maybe this is indeed the one correct and proven way to burn dual-ISO games once and for all?

Maybe now people will finally get their NiGHTS and Snatcher and Game Paradise and whatnot to work? Oh, the promises...
smile.gif
smile.gif

But I digress.

Yeah, I made up the cuesheet in February when someone wanted to rip World Wide Soccer 97 as iso/iso/mp3, but I just never got around to testing it until now.

* suggests that Sinbios read the FAQS in the Misc section regarding modifying Saturns to read CDRW discs *

I have a corrupt file for Christmas Nights in .bin-.cue form. How do I go about extracting it into the dual .ISO + .mp3 form? Also is there a way to repair the corrupt files if I do extract it? Thanks.

How do you know it's corrupt?

And if it really is, then there's virtually no chance of fixing anything, so no sense in turning it into an iso/mp3 set. Which, with dual data track games, would be madness anyway...

Well, whenever the game comes to a vide (FMV) it just freezes and must be reset. I converted the file into .ISO/.ISO/.WAV and burned 4 different copies. I burned 2 with Nero and 2 with Fireburner. 1 each of MODE1/2048-MODE2/2336 and 1 each of MODE1/2048-MODE2/2352. Hopefully at least one will work. I have to wait until I get home to test them. It's weird though...when I was at home I scanned the .BIN for corruption and it had over 100,000 bad sectors. I brought the file to work with me and scanned it again and it found no bad sectors. I also scanned the newly created cuesheets I made and there were no errors. So...I'll cross my fingers.

How your image could have 100,000 bad sectors in one scan and come out fine in the other is beyond me. Nonetheless, I think you'd really be better off getting a proper bin/cue rip of Xmas Nights.

Then when you do, DON'T burn it with Nero. Trust me on this one.

If you scan for errors using the wrong sector size you will get a massive error count, as some of what the scanner believes is error correction information is actually program data.

i got nights in bin+cue format, and CDRWin was unable to burn it (don't remember why), and nero did it just great... but i also recommend using CDRWin always when it's possible

yeah, without any problems. I used DAO16 and 12x and there're no problems, i've compleated whole game 2times, and seen all movies, and they didn't skip. You got any problems?

btw. My burner is LG 32/10/40 tweaked to 40/12/40 if it matters:)

Back