How to burn games with 2 data/ISO tracks

Nifty
smile.gif
It's just that some people seem to be able to burn bin/cues OK in Nero, only to get a corrupted disc out of it. Used to be Nero didn't always handle bin/cue images correctly but I'm getting the impression that this has finally been fixed for good in more recent versions.

Which version of Nero did you use btw?

I have a HP9100 drive, and burned a known perfect bin/cue of a dual data track game once. No problems. But the CD didn't work, and I examined it in the PC and realized both data tracks had been written with illegal track modes, and Windows Explorer was unable to see any files. (Incidentally, CDRWin flatly refused to burn that same bin/cue. It knew better
wink.gif
)

I've had some bin+cues that just don't work for me until I convert them to ISO+WAV with binchunker. With Nights, it spat out two isos, one 2048, one 2352. I made a cue with sega cue maker and then added the second iso in it with a pregap of 3 seconds, works great. Doesn't really make any sense to me, but whatever.

As for Christmas Nights, the only bin+cue I've downloaded of it (so far) worked, but no videos. It gives me a black screen when there should be a video. When I press start it skips it and the game plays, but the videos never work, including the unlockable ones. I'm keeping my savegame for when I do get a better copy of it!

Edit: I use Nero and yes, I have had bin+cues that worked fine. Videos and all. But occasionally I get one that doesn't want to work as-is, I wonder if binchunker fixes a problem with it? So could I convert the iso+wav back and have it be ok? Maybe I'll screw around with it sometime, when I get a lot of spare CDRs...

to convert files use CDMage, it can fix some errors AFAIK, and it's waaay better than binchunker (btw binchunker became pat of fireburner
smile.gif
)

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Jun 7, 2003 @ 07:02 AM

As for Christmas Nights, the only bin+cue I've downloaded of it (so far) worked, but no videos. It gives me a black screen when there should be a video. When I press start it skips it and the game plays, but the videos never work, including the unlockable ones. I'm keeping my savegame for when I do get a better copy of it!

I've got the exact same problem..

I've ripped my original cd, in bin+cue cooked mode. This way the first data track is 2048 and the second one is 2336...

I've been 'playing' around with it, and found a way that worked with my rip..

I mounted the image in Daemon Tools, re-ripped it in raw mode.. and burned with nero..

Try something like this...

I've had this same issue in the past, several times - and I mean in general, not just with bin/cues with two data tracks. I'd have to convert the bin/cue to iso/wav before I could burn a working copy; if I burned the bin/cue as is, the Saturn would not recognize the disc as a game.

The logical assumption that I've made is that the gaps between tracks (which are contained in the .bin) somehow end up wrong on the burned disc, and my Saturn is pretty finicky about those gaps. A conversion to iso/wav leads to the generation of an entirely new gap by the recorder itself during writing - it's specified in the cuesheet instead of just written from the .bin - and that appears to be a safe way of burning a working game disc.

This is why I now prefer iso/wav over bin/cue, unlike most people..... Well, apart from dual data track images.
rolleyes.gif

could someone please help me wtih this cuesheet for Nights? I used binchunker to convert the bin/cue to iso/wav. When I try to burn I get a message saying error on line 4.

Code:
FILE "NIGHTS T01 Mode1 2048.iso" BINARY

TRACK 01 MODE1/2048

INDEX 01 00:00:00

FILE "NIGHTS T02 MODE2/2336.iso" BINARY

TRACK 02 MODE2/2336

PREGAP 00:03:00

FILE "NIGHTS T03 Audio 2352.wav" WAVE

TRACK 03 AUDIO

PREGAP 00:02:00

FILE "NIGHTS T04 Audio 2352.wav" WAVE

TRACK 04 AUDIO

FILE "NIGHTS T05 Audio 2352.wav" WAVE

TRACK 05 AUDIO

FILE "NIGHTS T06 Audio 2352.wav" WAVE

TRACK 06 AUDIO

FILE "NIGHTS T07 Audio 2352.wav" WAVE

TRACK 07 AUDIO

FILE "NIGHTS T08 Audio 2352.wav" WAVE

TRACK 08 AUDIO

FILE "NIGHTS T09 Audio 2352.wav" WAVE

TRACK 08 AUDIO

FILE "NIGHTS T10 Audio 2352.wav" WAVE

TRACK 10 AUDIO

FILE "NIGHTS T11 Audio 2352.wav" WAVE

TRACK 11 AUDIO

FILE "NIGHTS T12 Audio 2352.wav" WAVE

TRACK 12 AUDIO

FILE "NIGHTS T13 Audio 2352.wav" WAVE

TRACK 13 AUDIO

FILE "NIGHTS T14 Audio 2352.wav" WAVE

TRACK 14 AUDIO

FILE "NIGHTS T15 Audio 2352.wav" WAVE

TRACK 15 AUDIO

FILE "NIGHTS T16 Audio 2352.wav" WAVE

TRACK 16 AUDIO

FILE "NIGHTS T17 Audio 2352.wav" WAVE

TRACK 17 AUDIO

FILE "NIGHTS T18 Audio 2352.wav" WAVE

TRACK 18 AUDIO

FILE "NIGHTS T19 Audio 2352.wav" WAVE

TRACK 19 AUDIO

FILE "NIGHTS T20 Audio 2352.wav" WAVE

TRACK 20 AUDIO

FILE "NIGHTS T21 Audio 2352.wav" WAVE

TRACK 21 AUDIO

I'm guessing it's trying to tell you there's a problem locating a file with the name of:

NIGHTS T02 MODE2/2336.iso

Is that exactly the name of the track? I'm guessing that it might not be because you've got the word 'mode' in capitals (unlike the first data track) and there is also a '/' in there (instead of a space) that none of the other tracks have.

It could always be some other problem, but that's what sprang to mind to check first.

yeah you're right. it was just a stupid little error you mentioned that I didn't notice. thanks. finally a burnt dual data track game that works perfectly!!!!

I have the rip of NiGHTs as mentioned in this thread. It has 2 data tracks, and with Binchunker I get those and 19 audio tracks. I've followed the "make your own cue" instructions in this thread and still can not get ANY burning program to burn this except for Nero, which doesnt work. I get a "Game disc is not suitible for this system" when I have a mod chip and cracked the country code to USA (even though it was most likely USA to start with, after getting that error I changed it to USA to make sure). It just wont work. I get either DAO errors or bad track format or whatever. It doesnt even start to burn. I've had no trouble burning any other games. Any other ideas?

Originally posted by Opeth@Aug 18, 2003 @ 01:23 AM

I have the rip of NiGHTs as mentioned in this thread. It has 2 data tracks, and with Binchunker I get those and 19 audio tracks. I've followed the "make your own cue" instructions in this thread and still can not get ANY burning program to burn this except for Nero, which doesnt work. I get a "Game disc is not suitible for this system" when I have a mod chip and cracked the country code to USA (even though it was most likely USA to start with, after getting that error I changed it to USA to make sure). It just wont work. I get either DAO errors or bad track format or whatever. It doesnt even start to burn. I've had no trouble burning any other games. Any other ideas?

Fixed my own problem. NiGHTs was indeed PAL, and the country hack just wasn't working. Once my 4in1 cart came, the game works (except PAL seems to run choppy?).

I've got a bit of a problem trying to burn a game with 2 data tracks myself. It's called "Suchie Pie Adventure". It came with a cue sheet that was probably coughed up by Sega Cue Maker, because it had both tracks as mode1/2048. I wound up burning a disc with that que later, just to check it, but it didn't work.

I have burned two other discs, one with the second track as mode2/2336 and another with it as mode2/2352. iIn both of those cases, I was sure to put a pregap of 3 seconds on the second track, as well. The result has been the same with all 3 discs: it loads just fine, making me think the first track (mode1/2048) is fine. However, it crashes when it has to load a voice track, which I am assuming is on the second data track.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm going to try fooling around with a virtual drive and SSF for a little while, but who knows how that's going to work.

Thanks!

Back