How to rip DC games......

Pearl Jammzz

Established Member
Anyone know how to do this? I heard the only way is to hook your DC up to the computer and rip it off of the DC. I also heard this could melt your DC and thus render it useless. Any info on this at all will me greatly appreciated, thanks.

I heard the only way is to hook your DC up to the computer and rip it off of the DC.

That may or may not be the only way, but it's almost certainly the easiest.

I also heard this could melt your DC and thus render it useless.

I also heard that playing CD-Rs makes the laser burn through the disc and case, contact the Major League Baseball spy satellite, and then open up a micro-wormhole to burn through the mainboard.

urr....don;t bother ripping dc games. isnt this one of the "iffy" subjects? anyway, ripping dc games is more complicated than ripping normal cd-based games. plus, it takes FOREVER to rip like a single game. like, more time consuming than ripping a normal length DVD movie. i dont see the point of ripping more dreamcast games because most (if not all) games are ripped and up on newsgroups at least couple days before official releases. since you cannot make a perfect copy of a dreamcast game it would be same to simply download the copy of games you already legally own:)

Quote: from ExCyber on 9:04 am on Mar. 18, 2002

I also heard that playing CD-Rs makes the laser burn through the disc and case, contact the Major League Baseball spy satellite, and then open up a micro-wormhole to burn through the mainboard.

(edit) dammit excyber posted his reply while i was working on mine ^_^ yea. another side effect is your laser will make holes in the ozone layer and cause all living organisms to explode.

(Edited by eatpenguin at 9:11 am on Mar. 18, 2002)

Someone told me that they mirror the laser beam and destroy the laser!Wow!Hahahahaa!

no.

do you really think people would be bothering with all the transfer stuff, if it was that easy?

If you use the coders cable (serial ~120k) it'll take about 24 hours of solid reading to transfer a full GD-Rom (full as in 1 Gig, few are 'full'). Hence the tales of DC's melting down.. I mean, having the unit on for 24 hrs is one thing, having the drive actually spin up/spin down/seek, etc surely shortens its overall life span.

It can be done using the BBA (if you can find one), and is thus much faster.

Then, once you have the data off the GD-Rom, now its time to downsample (if needed), reindex files, rebuild the IP.BIN, circumvent any secondary copy protections there may be on the disc, playtest and make sure everything is working A-OK..

It's not at all a job for the clueless leech who just wants to copy blockbuster's games. (When DC titles are practically nothing, why bother?)

Check out the forums at gamecopyworld.com.. Lots of advice and know-how..

LOL... No good anyway. We (@ my Blockbuster store) just put all our DC stuff out for sale. No more Sega at BBV :-(

Quote: from lancastoor on 7:18 pm on Mar. 20, 2002

If you use the coders cable (serial ~120k) it'll take about 24 hours of solid reading to transfer a full GD-Rom (full as in 1 Gig, few are 'full'). Hence the tales of DC's melting down.. I mean, having the unit on for 24 hrs is one thing, having the drive actually spin up/spin down/seek, etc surely shortens its overall life span.

It can be done using the BBA (if you can find one), and is thus much faster.

Then, once you have the data off the GD-Rom, now its time to downsample (if needed), reindex files, rebuild the IP.BIN, circumvent any secondary copy protections there may be on the disc, playtest and make sure everything is working A-OK..

It's not at all a job for the clueless leech who just wants to copy blockbuster's games. (When DC titles are practically nothing, why bother?)

Check out the forums at gamecopyworld.com.. Lots of advice and know-how..

It is a complicated process and not for the newbie. But I agree with lancastoor. The games are dirt cheap right now. It will cost you so much more to go the ripping route. Buy the #### things! that way you don't have to worry about boot disks and burn and ripp quality.

I'm not enterested in pirating games, but I am interested in playing around with them. I copied Jet Grind Radio, And found a bunch of tools for playing the .adx files. Making MP3's of that kickass soundtrack was fun.

What I was wondering was, are that any tools that can convert a .wav or .mp3 file into a .adx file? I would really like to reburn that disc with altered music files. I'm farely certain such a tool exists because The music had been converted to mono to make it fit on a CD-R (No problum for me, My tv is mono). Thanks.

What I like is to change the game music. For example, I put the kof99:evolution arranged soundtrack in the game. The only problem is the loading time; but a dummy file and sorting (...I need help with this thing) the files correctly can do a big speedup.

By the way a very rare game here is kof 99:dreammatch never ends :(

eck you lucky ppl

stores stopepd selling dc games LOOONG time ago and even game stores like gamestop.com are getting rid of their dc inventory

Back