• Rise from your gwave!

How to rip ISO images.

Discussion in 'General Tech Help & CD Burning Help' started by Pearl Jammzz, Dec 18, 2001.

1. Pearl Jammzz

Pearl Jammzz Member

How do you rip iso images off of Sega CD games? I can rip the audio files but not the bin file. I use cdrwin. I just need to know how to rip the first track of the CD properly. Thanks for all those who reply.

2. MasterAkumaMatata

MasterAkumaMatata Staff Member

Did you set it to rip the entire disc or rip by track?

Also, If you'ev enabled audio subcode analysis, try disabling it, as suggested by Eleven of 9.

3. Pearl Jammzz

Pearl Jammzz Member

Rip by track so I could have a mp3/iso rip. Also where would I go to find the bin-to-iso program?

4. MasterAkumaMatata

If you've unchecked the RAW reading option when ripping with CDRWin, you would have a MODE1/2048 data track instead of a MODE1/2352 data track; you may just name it *.ISO instead of *.BIN. This way, you wouldn't need the BIN2ISO program.

Anyway, you may use CDmage to extract the MODE1/2352 data track into a MODE1/2048 data track. Open the BIN file as an M1/2352 image file, right click on the track displayed on the right pane, Extract Tracks..., choose Mode1/2048, specify location to extract to, click Extract button.

5. Pearl Jammzz

Pearl Jammzz Member

k thanks, will get right on those games now.

6. Gear

Gear New Member

...and make mp3 at least of 168k bitrate...

7. MasterAkumaMatata

168k? How did you come up with that number? You wrote 168k on this other thread as well. It's supposed to be 160kbps, as I've not seen 168kpbs MP3's before. ;)

8. Gear

Gear New Member

ooops

sorry, my mistake :)

9. Pearl Jammzz

Pearl Jammzz Member

I make all mine 320 kbps. Makes some games big but not all. Games like Popful Mail are still pretty small cause its mainly an iso and hardly no mp3s.