How to take apart a GCN controller...

Pearl Jammzz

Established Member
K, so I got Harvest Moon - AWL yesterday and it's a cool game, but it's bein dumb when I try to move the guy up or down (up or down on the controller stick). I went to a HM board and they told me that they have heard of this prob and I have 2 choices, take apart and clean it or buy a new one. SO I am gunna try and take it apart, the only prob is that they use weird screws. Anyone know what kind of screw driver I need for this?

Also, where do I get that screw driver? how much it'll cost?

You need a tri-wing screwdriver. Lots of game import stores carry them, you could also see if any hardware stores near you carry something suitable (look for "securiy bits").

the GBA and GCN ones the same size? if so i'll just take my GBA around w/ me everywhere. The GCN ones look a lil bigger, but could just be my head messin w/ me.

The screws are slightly bigger, but the same screwdriver should be usable with both.

Sweet, thanks antime. Now I am off to go in search for this elusive little bugger, haha.

Anything I shoudl look out for when opening the controller? I have heard a few ppl braking theirs.

You could look on eBay, or one of the import gaming sites.

eBay

If you don't want to buy one you might be able to use a 1/16" flat blade screwdriver.

As far as taking it apart, nothing should really jump out of the thing when you open it.

Hmmm, no hardware stores had it and neihter did Radioshack. I checked the local game stores too, noone had em and ppl told me the ONLY way to get them was to contact Nintendo personally, haha. Oh well, guess I''ll have to buy one online :-\.

Back