Huge Deals at gamestop!!!!!!!!!&#3

Originally posted by Zziggy00@Dec 31, 2003 @ 12:02 AM

Just picked up my 2nd dreamcast for $15 :lol: (too bad it doesn't play games... i'll have to exchange it tomorrow <_< )

I called gamestop and they said Dreamcast were 19.99

Is that bullshit?

no man, the base price is 19.99, but all dc stuff including systems are 30% off, which brings the price down to 14.99, I have 6 systems now.... sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

awesome! I picked up my DC today for $14.98 after taxes.

I had to argue about the sales price. The guy was charging me 19.99, and I told him about the 30% off. He was like "well, it was 29.99" even though the big red sign behind him displays 19.99. I asked "Then why does the sign say 19.99, you are suppose to take 30% off of the 19.99" and the idiot had to ask the manager, and she was like "yup, 30% off all dreamcast products including the system"

Even then he acted like he hated pressing the discount button.

There are no signs there explaining the 30% off sale, and it seem to only apply if you speak up. What assholes.

yeah man I work with alot of idiots in the gamestop store I work at, they even try to rip me off sometime, although I chalk it up to ignorance.... oh well what do you expect for 7 bucks an hour...lol

Around here the DC's go for fairly cheap, EB Games near me has DC games at 9.99 and the system is 24.99 I think. All Prices Canadian sicne I live in Canada :D

That's pretty good! DC games here are pretty cheap too, however they aren't stupid enough to sell good games for cheap :(. Some of the AAA titles are still $20-35 locally. But I guess that's what ebay is for, right? For penny-pinchers like myself.

DC's go for 60e and up here in The Netherlands :damn: :damn: :damn:

I'm on vacation in MI and none of them have any decent DC stuff at all.

Most don't even have anything

You happen to be anywhere near Lansing (the state capital?) If so, I might be able to point you to a few good stores.

Well I went to 3 gamestops today, went a bit overboard...

Picked up my 3rd dremcast --- $15

grabbed a VGA adapter --- $3.50 (to bad it doesn't work with my LCD panel :damn: )

6 controllers ($3.50 x 6=$21)

SegaSaturn/PSX controller converter --- $2.10

Dreamcast Mouse --- $2.10

yeah they acted like there was nothing going on when i went in there yesterday. fuckin' a, oh well.

oh, VMU's are clearanced down to $2.48 at toys r us right now, in case you guys can find some at a tru near you.

I went in again and got a VMU and regular memory card for 3 bux even. The 30% discount saved me a dollar. WoooooWhoooo!

2.10 VMU

.70 Memory card

They didn't have any extra controllers, but had some systems left. I was thinking of buying another system just so I can get an extra controller. Heh, 14 bux isn't bad for a backup system and 1 extra controller. :)

I asked about the sale and they said it would be until the end of the month. Go to your local Gamestop, talk to the manager and ask about the sale. Lie if you have to and say you called another Gamestop and they said the sale was until the end of the month.

I have heard two stories, one that the sale is to the 19th, and one that the deal is until the 29th .... but hey keep going back until they stop ya...lol..

Man just bring in your receipt, and if they charged you wrong... its fixable.... did they overcharge you?

It shouldn't be, the one I work at is running it until the 19th or the 30th.... you should check again.

Well, i went there last week but they said it was only good for the first weekend of New year. So it was over long ago here.

Back