i got the saturn cd drive to go at like, 80x

muffinman943

Ban Hammered
i was installing my friends modchip, and the blue wire fell off, so i only had the red wire installed on the modchip. by accident the red wire touched the 9th or 10th pin on the 21 pin thingyon the cd board, suddenly, the cd that was in the cd drive began spinning faster,faster, and faster until it reached about 80 x or something like that, but the laser never ajusted, so the game didnt boot up :(, somebody should try experimenting with this, so that we can have r games with no loading :)!! this only works if u do this in the first 8 seconds the saturn starts up for some reason. also, i can make the laser move up and down if u make the red wire touch a certain part of the 64 pin chip. o yeah, when the cd drive speeds up really fast on this mod, try taking out a marker and have it touch the cd while its spinning, it makes a perfect circle and it also is great for all the spinart fans on this board :p ;)

Heh, dude, even if you could get it to do that reliably, there's no way you could get the drive controller to be able to understand the data at a faster rate than normal.

Wow - you should write a guide.

"How to completely fuck up your Saturn in 1 easy step".

dude, spinart will always be the highlight of my childhood, now i can relive the memories with this mod :) btw, it was spinning really fast, and then the laser reached too far up and started scratching the disc. and somehow the laser still works :eek:

it didn't hit 80x I can tell you that right now. CD's with any structural flaws at all explode at around 20,000 RPMs

(which is lower than 52x btw) 80x would be more than enough to destroy a normal perfect cd. (watched it on mythbusters, the results were pretty scary, we're talking cd shrapnel 2 inches into the ballistics dummy).

Back