I hate the standart Saturn machines

yeah i do hate them man, they all black and dull and was really pissed off that such a great machine can be so ugly anyway, i gave it a facelift :) check out the pics below.

i havent seen many people mess around with the saturn either they are not bothered or afraid, not sure why but anyway check my one out.

any comments are welcommed here. :) :)

pic1

pic 2

pic 3

pic 4

pic 5

pic 6

pic 7

pic 8

pic 9

I have always wanted to do a white/sonic blue mix :). I wish I could airrush real good too, cuz then i'd airbrush some pimp shit on it

I don't mind the looks of a stock Saturn -- it's actually one of my favorite all-time console designs -- quite classic

But your mod does look nice! And welcome to SX :)

Originally posted by racketboy@Sun, 2005-08-21 @ 10:33 PM

I don't mind the looks of a stock Saturn -- it's actually one of my favorite all-time console designs -- quite classic

But your mod does look nice! And welcome to SX :)

[post=138533]Quoted post[/post]​

:agree with everything said right here... well put.

go all the way with red and green - my first Saturn anyone!? :p

oh I see it was SONY but I believe they dropped that silly campaign years ago...

and for LED mod the best one would be skeleton saturn...

remember seeing one years ago... looked pretty cool as I recall...

There was one about a year ago, maybe it's been 2 that sold on ebay (a modded skeleton that is) done by the guy who runs gamesx.com.

He may still have pictures of it up on there, it was NICE.

The problem with regular spray paint is that the paint always wears out in a couple of months. The mod looks great tho!

They should re-release that saturn and call it the "Kill Bill" Saturn. I love it!

Originally posted by kccc@Sun, 2005-08-21 @ 11:02 AM

yeah i do hate them man, they all black and dull and was really pissed off that such a great machine can be so ugly anyway, i gave it a facelift :) check out the pics below.

i havent seen many people mess around with the saturn either they are not bothered or afraid, not sure why but anyway check my one out.

any comments are welcommed here. :) :)

Now that's a hell of a thing. What did you use to paint it?

I went to the local hobby shop and bought model spray paint and it's held up on my xbox for a couple of years, no primer or anything

Originally posted by Virgil@Fri, 2005-08-26 @ 11:12 PM

Now that's a hell of a thing. What did you use to paint it?

[post=138818]Quoted post[/post]​

you need to get primer, paint and laquer, first you apply the primer so that the paint wont scratch off that easy i would recommend about two layers or that, then you apply the paint of your choice in my case i gave it three layers but two should be fine and then the finishing touches of laquer for that extra shine and long lasting effect.

please note that you need to let each layer dry for about 30-40 mins and when you finished i would recommend you wait another 24 hours before you assemble the product back with your cool case.

current project: adding a fan next to the power supply, problem saturn dosent heat within the first hour of play that much and it cools out quickly if a fan is installed so control switch will be needed to be applied to be able to switch the fan on/off.

watch out this space as iam nearly finished within 24hours something will be put up.

Back