I wantto see your Desktops!

heres mine. i love the mac os theme. just need to find some of the sounds now. i also edited my bootup screen. found a pic that has the jackass logo and it says something to the effect of "this program will not work properly and will crash". thought it was funny.

Attachments

• Untitled_1_copy.jpg
    Untitled_1_copy.jpg
    899.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Untitled_1_copy.jpg
    Untitled_1_copy.jpg
    899.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Untitled_1_copy.jpg
    Untitled_1_copy.jpg
    899.1 KB · Views: 66
Heh, pretty gruesome looking bg you have there. Anyway, I posted mine a bit back, but I change styles pretty often, so here's what I have currently:

Attachments

• Screenshotblue.jpg
    Screenshotblue.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshotblue.jpg
    Screenshotblue.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshotblue.jpg
    Screenshotblue.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 61
Also, check out this cool shot showing the alpha fdo Xserver with transparency (even through video heh) and drop shadows:

Attachments

• SegaTrans.jpg
    SegaTrans.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 72
  • SegaTrans.jpg
    SegaTrans.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 74
  • SegaTrans.jpg
    SegaTrans.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 70
Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Feb 9, 2004 @ 03:24 AM

I believe there is already a topic about this. Either way, nice wallpaper......what is it of?

just a pic i found while up at 3am. i thought there was a thread already as well but putting in desktops in search is not a fun time :)

currentdesk.jpg

That, except 1600x1200 and dual monitor.

Edit: if the image isn't working it means that cjb.net hasn't realised that I changed the address it points to yet.

Here is my Linux Mandrake Desk. Really, if you still (try) to use windows, give it up. Download Mandrake and get a real os, I promise, its great!

Attachments

• desk1.jpg
    desk1.jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 99
  • desk1.jpg
    desk1.jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 101
  • desk1.jpg
    desk1.jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 102
That picture of usada is rather erm... well endowed... but I was rather surprised at how difficult it is to find a bunnygirl desktop that isn't erm... super risque lol.

Here is my Linux Mandrake Desk. Really, if you still (try) to use windows, give it up. Download Mandrake and get a real os, I promise, its great!

Having played with mandrake, and redhat too, for a bit, I can tell you why people keep with windows. They want their pc's to work. Linux isn't anywhere near the point where I can plug my video card into my pc, and have it work right out of the box. Let alone having support for my 7.1 surround card, or working properly with my dual monitor set up.

Having played with mandrake, and redhat too, for a bit, I can tell you why people keep with windows. They want their pc's to work. Linux isn't anywhere near the point where I can plug my video card into my pc, and have it work right out of the box. Let alone having support for my 7.1 surround card, or working properly with my dual monitor set up.

Yes, I know it aint fully complete yet, but its closing in. I had no problems with any hardware on my pc and its a P4 2,5 Ghz. My sorround sounc card works perectly and so does my GeForce 4 Fx. It found all of this at the installation. I didnt need to do anything myself. Really, I will never regrett switching to Linux.

I use linux myself and love it. Xandros is by far my favorite flavor.

The problem I have with linux is with video drivers. They never seem to work right. I like to stay on the bleeding edge of technology because of my business. Still no linux drivers for the mobile radeon 9600 pro.

Yeah, if you want to run linux you're probably better off with Nvidia for the most part. However, the drivers are IMHO much more trouble-free than the Windows ones these days. It 'just works'. ;)

Daniel, that Workbench screenshot is awesome! What icon set is that? And how the heck did you get that custom skin on the drawer windows? That shot is giving me some serious Amiga-lust.

EDIT: And why the heck do you have an iMac as your dh0 icon?

Amiga looks like MacOS. BTW, where are the best places t get those skin things for WinXP? I am a recent convert and want my stuff to look coolio.

Daniel Eriksson: Have you tried for PC Amithlon/AmigaXL? I´m very interested in these but I don´t think my PC is up to the task.

I've tried Amithlon and AmigaXL. I pretty much prefer Amithlon overall, but AmigaXL is cool too. Both are quite zippy on my machine (Athlon XP 1600), but the Paula emulation in AmigaXL is a bit shoddy -- I think this is a QNX driver issue however. If your computer can run WinUAE well, it should have no problem with either, assuming you can find compatible drivers for your hardware in QNX (for AmigaXL), or that the Amithlon disc detects all your stuff correctly.

And Pearl Jammzz, that isn't totally a MacOS look, but the normal Amiga Workbench looks nothing like that at all.

Daniel Eriksson: Have you tried for PC Amithlon/AmigaXL? I´m very interested in these but I don´t think my PC is up to the task.

I haven tried those, but I heard they work good. Its not as compatible (only pllies to older stuff) as a normal Amiga though (due to special chips and such). I have tried Aros though Amiga Research OS Its pretty much under construction though and is very buggy.

Yeah, if you want to run linux you're probably better off with Nvidia for the most part. However, the drivers are IMHO much more trouble-free than the Windows ones these days. It 'just works'.

Yes, the Nvidia drivers work great. Thats the ones I use and I have never had any trouble with them. My Geforce 4 Fx plays UT2003 faster in Linux than in Win (but that might just be an illusion)

Daniel, that Workbench screenshot is awesome! What icon set is that? And how the heck did you get that custom skin on the drawer windows? That shot is giving me some serious Amiga-lust.

That pic isnt my desk, since I was sitting at my Pc now I could not capture a shot from my amiga so I chosed one that looked like mine. I use the same icon-set, thats why.

The icon-set is from here :

http://os.amiga.com/community/index.php?cat=8

And yes :) Some of the icons are from the Mac OS X. However, there are loads of icon-packs so I might change it...

As for the Amiga OS looking like Mac Os, well, it usually dont. Here is a more generic one. This pic aint mine but it looked good. (Nice anime backgrounds :) )

940.jpg

Here is another generic one :
aos39_screen_1.jpg

Back