I work with old people!

Somehow I don't consider Wired to be the epitome of computer related magazines. It's more of a hip magazine for tech people. Which basically means that for the most part it's quite useless to IT people. They'd be more likely to get more dry, down to earth magazines (such as for a lack of a better example, PC Magazine).

Agreed. I consider myself a computer guy, and I've read maybe 3 issues of Wired. I think the "more dry, down to earth magazine" that I'd subscribe to if I was going to subscribe to any would be Dr. Dobb's Journal.

Originally posted by mal+Feb 21, 2004 @ 06:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Feb 21, 2004 @ 06:52 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-racketboy@Feb 21, 2004 @ 04:12 AM

Actually, the IT guy was the one that hadn't heard of WIRED.

Meh, WIRED is so 90s. [/b][/quote]

oh please :p

I like WIRED. One of the most original tech mags out there. It's not gear towards business either.

PCMag and PCWorld are so generic and boring.

who want to read about that stuff?

I read for enjoyment.

Besides I read all that crap online weeks before it's in their pages.

I think Wired has actually gotten better over the years. When they first started out, the whole focus was on being ultra-trendy. Now that the .com bubble is gone, the magazine has acquired more of an individual style.

Tindo, is that a Matthew Barney piece or sommat?

Back