Idea for a site

Myname

Established Member
Since Ice never got back to me about working on here (bad Ice!), I've been debating starting up my own page based around games that don't really have a decent site devoted to them. Whenever I've looked, I've never found a good site for lightgun games exclusively. Obviously it's a niche thing, but I think it'd be cool to have around in a similar way to how Shmups.com is there for shooter fans. A database of lightgun games, reviews, highscores etc.

I'd like to know if anyone has any thoughts on that. Good idea/bad idea or any general ramblings. Suggestions are very welcome
smile.gif

Ya, I have been looking for one of these lately but no luck
sad.gif
. I would definatly check it out if it had lots of info on the various games, what guns they support, reviews on guns, picks of guns. I say start w/ Satrun first
smile.gif
. Then prob PSX, then Genny/SCD/32x, etc.

That sounds pretty good, you could tell us how many levels duck hunt has. I got to level 43 i think once. I think i'd be interested in writing reviews if you do, i'll take a number of hours of the week to sit back and shoot things and eat pop corn.

That also reminds me, i have to pick up a zapper for my NES and a light phaser for my SMS. I'm still gleeful after buying two NEW controllers for 99 cents each along with a new and almost flawless Genesis deck for only 5 bucks (mine is all sanded from the time i tried to paint it).

Hehe, i remember once, i wanted to make a site devoted to Sword of Vermillion. I was taking snaps of the screens to make this huge map of the world. I had big things in mind, BIG THINGS.... actually no, just that map.

Thanks for the input guys. Now I just need to figure out a reliable webspace provider.. Easier said than done.

LightgunXtreme :
wink.gif
:

I'd definately be interested in such a site. I love light gun games but don't know what's out there. While we're on the topic, what's up with the lack of PC light gun games? I'm sure it's a question that's been asked before, but I don't think I ever found a clear answer. I know there's at least one PC light gun I've seen, so why aren't they all over?

Originally posted by Quadriflax@Jan. 21 2003, 9:59 pm

LightgunXtreme :
wink.gif
:

I'd definately be interested in such a site. I love light gun games but don't know what's out there. While we're on the topic, what's up with the lack of PC light gun games? I'm sure it's a question that's been asked before, but I don't think I ever found a clear answer. I know there's at least one PC light gun I've seen, so why aren't they all over?

PC lightguns run into trouble because the user can have many combinations of resolutions and refresh rates. This normally fucks up a lightgun if it changes. Also the fact that PC games can get different frame rates makes it difficult to make light guns work in them. A light gun needs a completely blank white screen when you shoot, that's why the screen flashes when you shoot. But since some frames might be dropped in a PC game the white screen might never show up and the game would assume you shot off screen.

Originally posted by Quadriflax@Jan. 22 2003, 4:59 am

LightgunXtreme :
wink.gif
:

I had the same thought
smile.gif
. Or maybe 'BangyBangXtreme' since that's what my girlfriend calls gun games, bless her.

Back