• Rise from your gwave!

Ikaruga

Discussion in 'Dreamcast' started by ShinJedah, Apr 3, 2002.

1. ShinJedah

ShinJedah New Member

Is unofficially supposed to come out on 30.05.02 in Japan.Still waiting for Treasure to confirm the anouncement.

(Edited by ShinJedah at 2:48 pm on April 3, 2002)

2. Fabrizo

Fabrizo New Member

Where did you hear that?

3. Dyne

Dyne New Member

that date is for the arcade version right?

4. Fabrizo

Fabrizo New Member

Seeing as how this is the Dreamcast section of the board, im assuming he means a DC version of the game, after all, the game was built to run on DC in the first place.

5. ExCyber

ExCyber Staff Member

Yeah, never mind the fact that the arcade version's been out in Japan for months...

6. Fabrizo

Fabrizo New Member

Yea, that to. I hope it is true though about it comming out for DC, I would definetly import it if it did.

7. Dyne

Dyne New Member

well i guess im just an idiot then :) havent seen any bit of info anywhere saying it was being developed for the DC mind you.....

8. ExCyber

ExCyber Staff Member

It's a Naomi game. One of the primary reasons to use a system like Naomi (or ST-V, for which Radiant Silvergun was released) is for compatibility with the console version of the hardware. AFAIK, almost all Naomi games have a DC port, and some are actually ports from Dreamcast IIRC.

9. alpharogue

alpharogue New Member

Sweet!! Treasure is still alive!!! I can't wait to get my hands on it.

10. Dyne

Dyne New Member

guys check out NCS.....they believe it too. oh man....my DC needs this game!

11. ShinJedah

ShinJedah New Member

Nice thing to post some news on the Dreamcast board...i didn't think of so many replyes...

12. Supergrom

Supergrom Member

woo hoo! DC isnt dead yet! at least one more killer game :)

13. Gear

Gear New Member

Whoa, a serious import if that's true...

14. ShinJedah

ShinJedah New Member

Its true...its been confirmed by many sources..

15. alpharogue

alpharogue New Member

16. venom

venom New Member

Looks amazing! Another great import, and I swore I was finished buying dreamcast games after Shenmue 2...

I have a couple questions, does anyone know how many levels/bosses and if Ikaruga is 2 player? Thanks.

17. Fabrizo

Fabrizo New Member

Their is no way they would make the game non-two player. If it was I would lose a considerable amount of interest in it, cause that was one of the best part in RS for the Saturn.

18. alpharogue

alpharogue New Member

It is definitely a 2-player blastfest; Treasure would not have it any other way! After Radiant's inspiring awe in the plethora of game options-(dogs, etc...) They will have to put some of the same effort if not more in Ikaruga for Dreamcast.

19. ShinJedah

ShinJedah New Member

This is how it goes:Ikaruga has been anounced for the PS2 too,so i think their just bringin it out for the DC fans that want it (in a limited number of games printed),and the PS2 Version is supposed to bring in the cash..like Sega did it with Space Channel 5 Vol. 2...

It will have a 2 Player mode.Thae arcade has one,the home version has one :)

20. venom

venom New Member

Great! I love 2p on shooters, I didn't know cause all te videos I've seen had a single person playing. So, does anyone know haw long it is?