I'm an anarcho-commi leftist! What are you?

Economic Left/Right: -5.62

Authoritarian/Libertarian: -7.23

Clearly I must be some kind of poor, derranged idealist. I have a feeling that this post isn't going to help me reform that image.
biggrin.gif

I do have concerns about the supposed neutrality of this test, but I doubt that my "reading" was particularly skewed.

Shutters are something on your house. Not something you do.

Maybe the prospect of widespread left-wing thought was so unnerving as to drive crystalmethod to shutter all the windows to keep the loonies from breaking in and implementing their neo-communist plot?

Full centralized or full market is not the solution, the best is a mixed economy.

I agree with you, but I feel the need to pose a question: the solution to what? Economic and political debates can be interesting, but I suspect that on each side there are unspoken ethical assumptions - very few seem to openly ask what the goals of a government or economic system should be, while vigorously debating how effective various systems are at achieving these (mostly) unstated goals. Should a government work toward the advancement of science and the arts, or is that best left entirely to private pursuits? Is it morally necessary, practically desireable, or infeasible for a society to be structured to ensure a basic level of well-being for all members? Should merit be rewarded with material wealth? If so, what should merit be defined as and how should it be measured? It seems unfashionable, if not taboo, to ask any big questions. People instead act as though striving to understand the human condition and the role of society is an activity suited to the unenlightened savages of past centuries - clearly we are beyond such base pursuits in this day and age.

I should really sleep more; I'm much less inclined to think strange thoughts when I'm well-rested. :
wink.gif
:

who ever wanted to over throw the system with me let's toss a wrench into the education system and fuck up the whole higher education thing.

Economic Left/Right: -6.62

Authoritarian/Libertarian: -6.00

There seem to be many anarcho-commi on SX
smile.gif

But I think the questions are a bit biaised : who would click on "disagree" on the question "If globalisation is inevitable, it should primarily serve humanity rather than the interests of trans-national corporations.", even if they disagree ?

ExCyber, you are right. A mixed economy is the best tool but more difficult is to know what do we have to do with that.

Of course left parties should work for a world without poor and unemployed people but even some business men (with right wing ideas) think that is better millions of clients in all the countries that millions in some countries. How can we do this? I don´t know. All I know is that our world does not work, a lot of people in our planet is poor, our environment is harmed, people from one place hate people from another place, there are wars... maybe we should improve the economic system: real antimonopoly policies, free trade among countries, punishment for negative externalities etc.

Back