I'm thinking of getting a new machine

Well, i have had my gamecube the longest, (since release date) out of all 3 of my systems. And i play it the least. It has some unique games but they all seem kind of out of juice. Mario Sunshine for example. Great game but no where near as close to or as lengthy to the N64 virsion. As a mater of fact, i play my N64 more than gamecube. Zelda, though easy, is a great game and should be picked up if you get gamecube.

Xbox has to be the system i play the most. IMO it has the most Unique games, along with the most crappy games, to choose from. And a handfull support live (which is freakin' awsome). The only thing it lacks is quality rpgs aside from KotOR. However Fable and Gladius are on the way, which i personaly am looking foward to. But since xbox isn't a choice i guess it doesn't matter.

PS2 has the best single player games. Not to mention its the RPG powerhouse. And as someone mentioned before, if you havn't had psone, then you have a huge list to choose from.

In short, this is how i look at it. Xbox for the best of both worlds, Multiplayer and single player. Gamecube has some good multiplayer games out and on the way but lacks choice in lengthy single player games. And PS2 has a great selection for your gaming needs, such as RPGs and the psone playback is a big plus.

and thats my thoughts!:wanker

I just bought a GameCube. :banana

BTW, I'll probably buy a PS2 some time after Christmas. ;)

Just Rogue Leader to begin with, but it is a game that I really wanted to get. :D

If you're into multiplayer games, get Super Monkey Ball 2. It's the greatest multiplayer game EVER! Single player sucks though, but you have to play it to unlock all the multiplayer game. :(

I'm hoping they ditch the main game and just put in more multiplayer games for Money Ball 3. ;)

Mario Kart doubledash seems great too, I really liked the one on the N64, guess I'm alone there. :D

Getting a PS2 sounds like a good idea aswell. Most games come to it, and therefore most of the good games, aswell - of course - as most of the crappy games.

Where do these "that will be Nintendo's last console"-rumours come from. It has sold neck to neck with the Xbox, and the GBA sells most of all systems. But if they'd give up console production they could always go the same way as Sega.

I'm actually hoping Sony (most likely) will continue to crush competition so we'll only get ONE system in the future. It sucks that you have to own all consoles not to miss out on some great game.

Where do these "that will be Nintendo's last console"-rumours come from.

Simple. From the NES to the N64 Nintendo has lost roughly half their userbase. They'll be lucky if GC reaches sales of 20million. Their next system will probably sell even less...

It has sold neck to neck with the Xbox

That's a good thing?!

Nintendo should be killing Microsoft...

and the GBA sells most of all systems.

Currently, but not in total. Besides, GBA isn't exactly a console...

But if they'd give up console production they could always go the same way as Sega.

One less system to buy. :)

Simple. From the NES to the N64 Nintendo has lost roughly half their userbase. They'll be lucky if GC reaches sales of 20million. Their next system will probably sell even less...

Yes you're probably right, rumours like that can't help boost console sales either I guess. But now it's down to 99$ in the US, or is going to be atleast. And it goes around that price here in Sweden already. That might help them, on the other hand MS and Sony has pricedrops planned aswell I guess.

No, but it has sold second best in total, I don't know the exact figures but I know it's not more than 60 million wich is the number of PS2's sold. hehe, it is EXACTLY a console. :)

And what about the Pokémon franchaise (SP?) that must give them a whole lot of money to keep them floating.

One less system to buy. :)

Too bad I have to wait for so long until my dream comes true. :devil

It would suck if there was only one console, hope that never happens.

It would suck if there was only one console, hope that never happens.

Yeah, probably suck as much as with DVD-players; would be better if that market would be split up with 3 different types of DVD-players that could only play certain movies. And you'd be forced to buy all three of them to be able to watch all movies.

hope that happens. :sarcasm:

Getting back to the Xbox for a moment, what region groupings (if any) does it use?

Japan, US and Europe?

Originally posted by Twillinx@Oct 2, 2003 @ 07:49 PM

And what about the Pokémon franchaise (SP?) that must give them a whole lot of money to keep them floating.

I can never understand how Nintendo have managed to end up so far behind Sony when they've had Pokemon for the last few years..

Imagine if it was a Sony IP, they'd have capitalised on something like that to be in an even stronger position than they are now. If Nintendo had a big Pokemon RPG ready to launch with the Gamecube, I'm sure it's sales figures would have been vastly different.

cww80: Whatever. It's still a different market.

Ok, to me it seems just the same. But I guess you're more into it and get's things I don't about that market. Note: I am not sarcastic this time.

More on the Pokémon topic, the games aren't even the main source of income as I've come to understand it licences from Movies, TV-series, lunchboxes, T-shirts, toys etc. etc. etc. brings in alot more, and the games aren't selling bad.

NES had effectively zero competition.

And compare GCN's sales and library to N64's at comparable points in their lifetimes - you'll find that GCN is in a far better position than N64 ever was.

That's a good thing?!

Nintendo should be killing Microsoft...

Nintendo should've killed Sony last gen too.

And Nintendo should've killed Sega with SNES vs. Genesis.

And yet they still survive - OH, WHAT A DREADFUL THING!

How is GBA not a console? It performs the same function as GCN, Xbox, and PS2 - it plays games.

And GBA is outselling PS2 *dramatically* right now.

Also:

Yeah, probably suck as much as with DVD-players; would be better if that market would be split up with 3 different types of DVD-players that could only play certain movies. And you'd be forced to buy all three of them to be able to watch all movies.

hope that happens.

That's a different issue entirely. DVD is a predefined format, and DVD prices are regulated.

There are no regulations on game prices.

Also, consider that the price of the movie's production is often made up IN THEATRES, whereas the game prices MUST be made up in retail.

And um... CrazyGoon said, "It would suck if there was only one console, hope that never happens. ".

Go look up Nintendo's business practices with the NES, if you think it'd actually be a good thing to have only one console.

And compare GCN's sales and library to N64's at comparable points in their lifetimes - you'll find that GCN is in a far better position than N64 ever was.

This isn't true. N64 was selling better, and first party software sells were stronger.

How is GBA not a console?

Rather then get into an argument about this; I'll just quote what i said awhile back:

Comparing handheld sells to console sells is like comparing bicycle sells to automobile sells. Or PDA sells to PC sells. They're two completely different markets.

Originally posted by Tagrineth@Oct 2, 2003 @ 11:50 AM

Go look up Nintendo's business practices with the NES, if you think it'd actually be a good thing to have only one console.

That is the only thing that makes me think it would suck to have one uber console. Nintendo abused their power worse than microsoft has ever dreamed of doing. They even butchered ff4 with censorship when it came out as ff2 on the snes. (the psx remake in ff chronicles is good shit though) Even if you ignore the censorship the way they treated 3rd parties in general was exceedingly ruthless.

Mal, even though I think gcn is the worst console you sure picked up a good game for it. Rouge Leader is awesome.

That's a different issue entirely. DVD is a predefined format, and DVD prices are regulated.

There are no regulations on game prices.

Also, consider that the price of the movie's production is often made up IN THEATRES, whereas the game prices MUST be made up in retail.

And um... CrazyGoon said, "It would suck if there was only one console, hope that never happens. ".

Well, I was never talking/complaining about the prices of games, did I?

I know somewhat of Nintendo's business pratice, what were you refering to? That games made on the Nes was forced to be exclusive to only their machine? That they took alot of license money to produce games to their system?

It must be something else that I haven't heard of.

Back