I'm working on my own website...

slinga

Established Member

Hey what's up everybody? I'm lauching my own website and I'm looking for some advice on what colors to use. I'm wanna make the background gray (#808080). What colors would complement that properly? What colors would you would recommend for hyperlinks and text. I want my website to look as professional as possible, but I don't want to use a white background. I feel that's too trite (I think I used that word correctly...). Thanks in advance.

What are you? A senior in high school taking Expository Composition? I only say that 'cause "trite" was one of my vocabulary words in that boring class (By the way, I GRADUATED ON THURSDAY!!! YEEEEAAAHHH!!! ). Um, I think Navy Blue would go good with a grey background. I mean, have a navy blue sidebar or something like that. As far as links go, if you're making regular text black, you should also make the links a navy bluish color. Keep the visited links as that purplish color. Be sure to Photoshop a logo too!! Just whatever you do, don't use red or yellow because they will clash with the grey and blue. Gosh, I sound like a Home Decorator....

heh navy blue and gray are my school colors
biggrin.gif

Back