In Flames, anyone like?

Pearl Jammzz

Established Member
Just wonderin who here is a In Flames fan? Anyone even into metal? Have any thoughts on IF?

Peronally, I love em and can't seem to get enuf.....they need to come in concert damnit!

Also taking any metal recomendations...

Not a fan of the vocal style, but what I've heard (2 songs I think) is pretty excellent otherwise. I could say much the same for Children of Bodom, I guess (it helps that they mix the vocals at roughly the same volume as the instruments).

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Wed, 2004-12-22 @ 03:23 AM

Just wonderin who here is a In Flames fan? Anyone even into metal? Have any thoughts on IF?

Peronally, I love em and can't seem to get enuf.....they need to come in concert damnit!

Also taking any metal recomendations...

[post=126218]Quoted post[/post]​

Never heard of them until now. I just listened to Lunar Strain and Subterranian, really great albums.

For more metal you could try Dark Tranquility or Killswitch Engage.

that new killswitch record is a total joke. i think the only really great thing they put out was their first record on ferret.

if you like killswitch you should check out the last Aftershock EP. i forget what it's called, but AS was the band that dissolved into KSE. i think it's the same singer, bassist, and drummer.

not a really big fan of killswitch, they are ok though. I didn't really care much for that Anathema. I just went and listened to 2 songs on their page. Was ok, but not a huge fan. I really like In FLames instrumentals.......some of it just sucks you in. almost got in an accident a few times jammin out, playin mean ass drums on my dash, lol.

Originally posted by cherok@Tue, 2005-05-31 @ 10:15 PM

Give "Strapping Young Lad a look". Less cheese, more humour, ten times the intensity. Ps, they are out of Canada, too!

SYL HOMEPAGE

[post=134768]Quoted post[/post]​

I thought SYL was pretty good stuff, but they are completely different from In Flames. In Flames is melodic death metal and Strapping Young Lad has almost like some industrial qualities.

Back