Innocence

Nice, I hadn't heard of this. The series was sweet as well... here's hoping they do a better job on the dub this time around.

Originally posted by it290@Mon, 2003-12-15 @ 02:32 PM

here's hoping they do a better job on the dub this time around.

Grrrr.... They didn't dub it at all!!!

Damn Dreamworks, get it together! Even a poorly done dub track on the DVD will boost sales and rentals, most viewers don't want to watch it with subtitles.

Same with Millenium Actress. Dreamworks had a booth setup at the Mid-Ohio Comicon two years ago, and I asked why they didn't dub the MA DVD. The lady running the booth was surprised, she didn't realize that the movie she was promoting (they were giving away full-size movie posters promoting the DVD release) was Japanese-with-English-Subtitles-ONLY.

I heard that they were going to dub and release it on DVD in the future. Kind of sucks though. They have the main cast working on dubbing the TV show.

On the other hand, dubbing adds to the cost of production. I don't know many people who are anime fans who really care about dubbed anime. If they're banking on it not being popular with the non-anime crowd, then perhaps it'll give them a higher profit by not dubbing it.

I don't mind sub titles, except when they screw up and use the hearing impaired track. That's what the first batch of this DVD had. However, the group that dubbed the original Ghost in the Shell was real good. And that same group is doing the TV show. So I never understood why they couldn't get them to do this movie as well.

!yay! ADV got the UK rights and is dubbing it for the EU release!!! Hopefuly, either Dreamworks will get their heads out of their asses and license the dub from them or those of us with bootleg capacity will make sure the english audio spreads far and wide across the USA.

More than likely, I'm gonna have to figure out how to add an audio track to a DVD. LOL

Yeah, hopefully they can condense it down a little bit and make it more meaningful. I liked this movie a lot, but it's deep enough (like the Man-Machine Interface manga) that it really needs a concise translation, which I didn't think the US version provided (not that they did a bad job, but).

Back