Insufficient space while burning

schi0249

Mid Boss
I was trying to backup a game of mine. I am using Nero and 700mb cd-r's. I keep getting a message that there is insufficient space on the disk. What gives? I have not seen cd-r's larger than 700mb.

well there are CDRs that are 90min and hold like 800mb

but i dont think this is your problem

check the originals sizw in (MY Computer) under the drive its in

so you know what the problem really is

I'm guessing you're getting an error message indicating you need an absurd amount of space, like 4000 MB or more? I've had this happen when trying to burn a game (SFZ3 IIRC) that had two data tracks in different formats. At least Nero doesn't understand the concept of different formats in the same cuesheet, so I ended up converting one of the tracks in CDMage and edited the cuesheet to match.

Oh, and there are some new kind of double-density CDR's on the market that can hold over a GB, but I haven't seen a drive that supports them yet.

There are no Sega games (except for DC) that require anything other than a standard 650MB CD...and you wouldn't be asking about DC games here now would you?

Most likely the cue sheet is stuffed, or the rip is poxy.

might be totsally unrelated, but are you sure it isnt saying there isnt enough space on your hard disk for the image?

and nero does some wacky things with certain types of bin/cue rips (like the 4000mb thing)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr bgcolor="#333333"><td><font color="#FFFFFF">Quote (<font color="#FFFFFF">antime</font> @ May 1 2002, 5:19 AM EST)</font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#666666"><td><font color="#EEEEEE">I'm guessing you're getting an error message indicating you need an absurd amount of space, like 4000 MB or more? I've had this happen when <font color=yellow>trying to burn a game (SFZ3 IIRC) that had two data tracks in different formats</font>. At least Nero doesn't understand the concept of different formats in the same cuesheet, so I ended up converting one of the tracks in CDMage and edited the cuesheet to match.

Oh, and there are some new kind of double-density CDR's on the market that can hold over a GB, but I haven't seen a drive that supports them yet.</font></td></tr></table>

<font color=white>Y</font><font color=white>R</font><font color=white>I</font>, SFZ3 has only one data track.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr bgcolor="#333333"><td><font color="#FFFFFF">Quote (<font color="#FFFFFF">Curtis</font> @ May 1 2002, 7:14 AM EST)</font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#666666"><td><font color="#EEEEEE">There are no Sega games (except for DC) that require anything other than a standard 650MB CD...<font color=yellow>and you wouldn't be asking about DC games here now would you?</font>

Most likely the cue sheet is stuffed, or the rip is poxy.</font></td></tr></table>

I believe he was asking about Saturn games:

<center><table border=1 width=300 cellpadding=10><tr><td>Insufficient space while burning</font>

<font color=white size=1>Burning saturn games</font></td></tr></table></center>

chances are that it's iso/mp3 and the mp3s are VBR (variable bit rate). in that case most programs end up calculating a totally wrong length for the audio track. use a different program to burn or convert the mp3s to wav first.

I was using a bin/cue. I ended up converting it to iso/wav and it burned fine. Thanks for the help everyone.

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@May 02 2002,10:19

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr bgcolor="#333333"><td><font color="#FFFFFF">Quote (<font color="#FFFFFF">antime</font> @ May 1 2002, 5:19 AM EST)</font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#666666"><td><font color="#EEEEEE">I'm guessing you're getting an error message indicating you need an absurd amount of space, like 4000 MB or more? I've had this happen when <font color=yellow>trying to burn a game (SFZ3 IIRC) that had two data tracks in different formats</font>. At least Nero doesn't understand the concept of different formats in the same cuesheet, so I ended up converting one of the tracks in CDMage and edited the cuesheet to match.

Oh, and there are some new kind of double-density CDR's on the market that can hold over a GB, but I haven't seen a drive that supports them yet.</font></td></tr></table>

<font color=white>Y</font><font color=white>R</font><font color=white>I</font>, SFZ3 has only one data track.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr bgcolor="#333333"><td><font color="#FFFFFF">Quote (<font color="#FFFFFF">Curtis</font> @ May 1 2002, 7:14 AM EST)</font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#666666"><td><font color="#EEEEEE">There are no Sega games (except for DC) that require anything other than a standard 650MB CD...<font color=yellow>and you wouldn't be asking about DC games here now would you?</font>

Most likely the cue sheet is stuffed, or the rip is poxy.</font></td></tr></table>

I believe he was asking about Saturn games:

<center><table border=1 width=300 cellpadding=10><tr><td>Insufficient space while burning</font>

<font color=white size=1>Burning saturn games</font></td></tr></table></center>

Well, when you put it like that...

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@May 02 2002,03:19

YRI, SFZ3 has only one data track.

Yes, you're correct, I should have checked before posting. It has one data track and one audio track, it was a bin/cue rip and it made Nero have a fit.

Still, to extract the tracks into separate files is the solution when it comes to Nero.

Back