Intresting....

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Aug 22, 2004 @ 03:56 PM

3DO M2? That a 3DO game? and it plays all 3DO discs?

No, it was 3DO's next gen. system after the 3DO. According to some stuff I've heard, this system would still compare nicely to systems available today (XBox,etc...).

The M2 was to be a 64-bit add-on for the 3DO. Kinda like putting a 32X on a Genesis/Megadrive. It was to go beneath the system and allow it to play M2 CDs. When 3DO decided to stop pushing their system and just work on games for other consoles, they said they would likely license the M2 technology out to other companies. While the item in that auction looks to me like a mini PC, it may have been designed using some of the technology derived from the development of the 3DO M2. (Especialy likely, as Panasonic was one of companies that licensed, built, and sold the original 3DO systems.)

Originally posted by Raster@Aug 23, 2004 @ 01:54 PM

According to some stuff I've heard, this system would still compare nicely to systems available today (XBox,etc...).

Not really. The games that were developed for it looked just a bit better than Nintendo64 games.

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Aug 24, 2004 @ 11:04 AM

Not really. The games that were developed for it looked just a bit better than Nintendo64 games.

Graphics don't make a game. Games of old can easily compare to the most of the crap that is produced on the current systems IMHO.

The M2 technology was used in Arcade machines and was planned for dvd player and media centre type things what you see there is just a media centre using the m2 technology, i dont think that one was compatible with the 3do but m2 console was meant to be. Anyway no games where finished for the m2

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Tue, 2004-08-24 @ 10:54 PM

[post=116822]Quoted post[/post]​

...The same could be said of the PS2. the same system, just with more particle effects, and higher resolution texturs. Game developers made WAY to much use of that perticular effect :slap

And the M2 games were probably still in alpha.

Back