is my saturn dead?

it wont boot anything, CD won't spin round.....HELP
sad.gif

yea...i moded it so i could play imports and back up cd's...........but thats all. (no mod chip method)....it started to fail the other nite....
sad.gif

Teen Programmers United??? nope....until now, i had never heard of em!

i think i've worked out what MAY be up.......the CD motor Might be dead.........it makesa horrid scraping noise if i try to spin the CD manualy...........i think it's beyond repair*........anyone got a spare one handy?!?

(this realy sucks....as i just got STHA and burning rangers to work with the swap trick...)

*tho i can be wrong......

Originally posted by Gaz_2_k@Mar 5, 2003 @ 09:39 AM

yea...i moded it so i could play imports and back up cd's...........but thats all. (no mod chip method)....it started to fail the other nite....
sad.gif

huh?
blink.gif

"no mod chip method" and yet you'll be able to play imports and "backups" ???

huh.gif

aaaahhhh
biggrin.gif

The necessary mod for the swap trick...

About the cd-rom, try unplugging the flat cable, and reconnecting it again...

That noise isn't any good, anyways...

tryed that......and no luck.........i have another option...

take it back to the bloke that sold me it...get my £££ back...and look for another one!

but i will only use this choice.....if it cant be fixed any other way!

o.k...it's Thursday morning now....i tried to get it working again.........it spins again......But it

(A) Still makes the scraping noise....

and (
cool.gif
seems to think that wipeout is a 1 track game with 999.59 mins/sec's of playtime....in the audio controll bit.....

......so i'm just gonna get my money back....... i'll look on ebay or somewhere for another one!
sad.gif

THURSDAY PM...........I found a shop that may be able to fix it ! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
biggrin.gif

Back