Is there a reason...

After reading the thread about panzer dragoon saga, I started wondering, just exactly WHY games like PDS or radiant silvergun always fetch outrageous prices. don't get me wrong, I enjoyed playing both games, but as someone said in the PDS thread, they aren't worth 200 dollars.

The apparent rarity could be because its a game few people are prepared to sell once they have it. I'd never sell my copy unless I really needed the money.

The US version of PDS is fairly rare, is it not? I was under the impression that they didn't produce very many copies at all.

they may not meet some people's definition of "rare", but they are much more so than many other games.

PDS had a limited run in the US (under 10000 copies). Alot of people also hand on to it and don't resell. So it keeps it's price.

RSG is a shit common game...at least in Japan. There are still stores there that have it for like $10-15 a copy. Though it is getting harder to fine over there in the wild. It's high price is mainly driven by a limited supply far outstripping demand. Plus the Jap people who tend to sell it on places like Ebay know of it's popularity here and keep the price artificially high by only selling limited quantities.

Maybe ebay (and places like that) are responsible for this too. Nowadays you are competing with people from all around the world for a copy.

I live in japan (going on 2 years) and can tell you it's definitely not easy to find (outside tokyo), even in stores with a nice stock of saturn goods. And I've never seen it under $100. Maybe if the manual or something was missing- Japanese discount heavily in these situations.

Back