Is there some way to play vcds on a us saturn

Heh, it makes me wonder what part of "No" people don't understand that keeps making them ask this question over and over. Is it wishfull thinking because they are too cheap to get a VCD Card?

I think people should be banned for not searching first. If you'r too lazy to look up a simple question which has been asked so many times before, you odviously don't deserve the good help, time, and effort of others. I think this probably stems from the idea that "SX" is a warez forum (Ie, new people wanting DC Isos, ect ect.). Maybe SX should just ban "Copies" all together, and just talk about how great games were, but not direct people on how to copy and where to find them.

You don't know how many private IM messeges I get from people who want me to do things for them, like get Pirate games, Backup devices, or other things. I hate dealing with these warez people!

well u kno wat sorri for being a newbie!!!!! i didn't kno. on some website it said u could but i didn't bookmark it so i wanted to follow it up sorri. i will not ask any1 for isos just for ftps and how to get on them and as for u, u should calm down and think (a newbie).

What the hell are you talking about? Can't you write in complete sentences!? This isn't a warez forum, so people don't talk like "U don't kno WuT I MeEn!?".

I suppose since no one else said anything yet, I would like to register my dislike towards all these freaken people who blame everything on being a newbie. Even half assed newbies should know how to use Search or read an FAQ. Hell, you know how to use FTPs to leech warez, so I havn't got a clue why half of them don't know how to use search.

I suggest that great link on the left , NEWBIES 101 could be a little bigger but hey, i'd have to agree that newbies are generally clueless on this forum but ignorence is not an excuse. :newbie

Originally posted by Cecilia Chen@May 20 2002,10:44

I think people should be banned for not searching first. If you'r too lazy to look up a simple question which has been asked so many times before, you odviously don't deserve the good help, time, and effort of others.

you were all once newbies too

how about banning arrogant posts, and making the newbie faq more complete and more noticeable
angry.gif

or sending the faq through the messenger the 1st time he/she logs on

Yes we were all once newbies. The diffrence is non of us ever asked dumb ass questions, because we always did our homework first.

Saying the "Newbie 101" link isn't very noticeable is just another lame excuse to blame someone else! If you wern't a total dumb ass and managed to find the "Message Board" link, you should be able to find the "Newbie 101" link. They are located on the same freaken side frame panel for god sakes!

But of course we all know people arn't that stupid! The real reason they do stupid ass things and blame it on not "I couldn't find the link/Guide!" is because they are just so god damn lazy. All they want is a quick fix, and just rape the boards saying crap like "How do I copy games? where can I get ISOz? Does a 4 in 1 let me play CD-R Games?" without ever lifting a finger to do a search or to at least TRYING to find the guids (Which you SHOULD find, otherwise your too dumb to even click the Message Board link, which supprisingly you DID manage to do).

Do's

Post in the CORRECT forum!

Contribute in a positive way!

Contribute ideas on how to make SX and NX better!

SEND IN ARTWORK!

Got a Ftp? Read FTPA page and try to earn a name for your Ftp!

Respect others on forums!

"NO Double Posting, Damnit!" -Arakon

If you have a issue with a Emu (Gens, Kega, Or Ages) post in their forum or email Mysticales.

Tell Arakon he is a asshole! =P

More later....

Dont's

Do NOT beg/ask for a game, iso, bin, WHATEVER!

Don't ask for a custom title!!! (Bad for your health but entertaining for us!)

Do NOT start a flame!

Do NOT SPAM!

Do NOT ask a question about something till you "tried" to solve problem yourself!

Do NOT bug ftp hosts or send virii to them. All info is on FTP Forum!

Do NOT start a ftp just so people can upload and then you leave...(No scam ftps!)

Do NOT ask about "how to burn" before you read the above file!

Do NOT ask to buy or sell illegally copied games!

This message board is not a (iso/rom) game locating service so Do NOT ask!

Sync audio issues....try to look around on forums first.....most of them were answered...

Do NOT piss Arakon off! (Or me for that matter lol)

==================

that is the newbie 101 "guide" in full. Where does it mention anything about the saturn vcd card? or searching the message board for a question you may have before asking?

If this question has been asked "a thousand times already" then perhaps it should be included here.

Oh, notice the sections about respecting other forum users and avoid starting flames - something you, with all of your wisdom, forgot or chose to disregard. And someone like you wouldn't do that, would you? Cuz that would make you a "dumb-ass."

The VCD question was innocent enough. If it pissed you off then your probably spending too much time on this board.

Arakons answer to the VCD question was good enough

That's all i have to say on this matter. If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't bother replying.
cool.gif

Originally posted by suckamc@May 21 2002,11:30

Although I believe this "love fest" has gone on long enough, I somehow feel compelled to point out the following:

"that is the newbie 101 "guide" in full. Where does it mention anything about the saturn vcd card? or searching the message board for a question you may have before asking?

If this question has been asked "a thousand times already" then perhaps it should be included here."

Note the section that states the following:

"Do NOT ask a question about something till you "tried" to solve problem yourself!"

Newbie 101 is a simple guide to using the message board, not a guide to the ins and outs of one particular console. The Information you were seeking was available in one of two ways. The search that was performed above or in the miscellaneous section to the left. It points you to faqs for several of the consoles under consideration here. Forgive the frustration that many members feel at times, but it does seem that we see the same questions over and over again. Many of the admins or long time members have given up on giving full explanations and give the monosylobic answer as Arakon did. Just a quick heads up that I hope will help in the future.

What are the top 20 saturn games? What games work with the multi-tap? How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie-roll center of a tootsie pop? Why can't I ask these questions to Google.com since I obviously know how to use Google since I found this fucking page?

This is pretty stupid guys!

If your too brainless to use the SEARCH like VertigoXX did, your in the wrong place. No place actualy tells you to do a search first, but common sence should lead you to use it when you CAN'T FIND what you want. Mainly because thats what a search is used for. Duh!

Originally posted by Cecilia Chen@May 24 2002,09:31

This is pretty stupid guys!

If your too brainless to use the SEARCH like VertigoXX did, your in the wrong place. No place actualy tells you to do a search first, but common sence should lead you to use it when you CAN'T FIND what you want. Mainly because thats what a search is used for. Duh!

And of course you have never asked a basic question before, have you Cecilia?

Maybe it's just me but her question showed knowledge of the topic, background research, etc, making it an educated question seeking confirmation ont he validity of points from people who had already done it.

That seems a lot different than "Hey doodz how can I play l33t p1r4t VCDs on my Saturn without buying the VCD playing card?"

Fair point.

But it disturbs me the ease with which some members sink the boot in, having forgotten they were once in a similar position themselves.

Originally posted by DBOY@May 24 2002,16:21

That seems a lot different than "Hey doodz how can I play l33t p1r4t VCDs on my Saturn without buying the VCD playing card?"

On the other hand I don't remember []\/[]orpheus saying that either.

That's right, he said:

can some1 tell me if u can play vcds on a US saturn wit out the vcd card.

thnx

As was said before in another post I've forgotten, maybe it was even in this thread but I've forgotten. This isin't a warez forum. I think to some extent most people (from what I've seen) expect coherent english or coherent non-english language. n3way, some1, u, thx, etc are extreme abbreviations usually not accepted as correct speech.

If you want to be taken seriously, you should present yourself seriously and that means coherent, complete words. There's a difference between spelling mistakes or typing errors and using intentional bizzare warez-esque speech.

Yes, you are right, this is not a warez board.

However I feel that judging someone just by the way they express themselves is a harsh.

I personally don't much like the warez-esque way of writing and speaking. But that's just my opinion. Everyone has their own and I'm not going to assume to speak for anyone else.

I don't think anyone not into warez likes it or appreciates it. That's why it doesn't belond in a forum not geared to people interested in that.

Like it or not when ou say something, do something, ro look like something you are judged. And you judge people too, just no conciously. It's something everyone does unconciously. That's why it's important to present ourself the way you'd like others to see you through speech, dress, etc.

It's like showing up for a job interview in tattered jeans and a heavily stained ratty old t-shirt. Chnaces are unless it's Mickey D's you aren't getting the job because you didn't present the image of someone they want working there.

Your spelling or typing isn't so great in your last post.

Would you be offended if I, or others, openly judged you negatively because of that?

This is only hypothetical mind you. I just want to know where you are coming from.

Back