• Rise from your gwave!

Is this true

Discussion in 'Dreamcast' started by Cloud121, Aug 21, 2001.

1. Cloud121

Cloud121 Member

I was reading a review on GameFAQs about the Dreamcast and I read this:

Plainly, I think it's an excellent system, and it deserved to last a LONG time. The Dreamcast could go online, and not only that, you could DOWNLOAD software, burn them on a CD, and run it on a Dreamcast! I had LINUX on Dreamcast for Pete's Sake! And also you can download emulators for it, and have a big ROM library on one CD.

is the really true? what emulators can you download? It also said that I can play Quake and Doom on a DC. how do i do this?

2. 3rdman

3rdman New Member

www.dcemulation.com

I personally have a 2 cd collection of Genesis games and 1053 NES tiitles all running on my DC. And...yes it deserved to live a long time. :(

(Edited by 3rdman at 10:55 pm on Aug. 21, 2001)

3. MasterAkumaMatata

MasterAkumaMatata Staff Member

Cloud, you just found out about the amazing non-official things the DC can do? LOL!

4. Cloud121

Cloud121 Member

well, I new a bit about the emulation stuff. But I didn't know about running Linux, Doom, Quake, and all the other stuff.

5. Mo Threat

Mo Threat New Member

The Simpsons Quake mod on DC is the dopest shiznit I've played in years.

6. RadSil

RadSil New Member

Wow, Cloud, it's like a whole new world for you isn't it?

I made a little unofficial thing myself... it's a port over of an old VGA demo (demo? yeah, right, more like a line/pixel plotting thingy) I made a while back. DC isn't hard to program for, even with unofficial libraries. It feels a lot like programming VGA in DOS to me, and for me, that is a definite plus. Saturn programming feels like a lesson in frustration :(

7. opiumeater

opiumeater New Member

I actually use that crap in my sales pitches. I tell them it can play NES games and genesis and MP3s and VCDs and stuff. I wish I had a good 1000 dreamcasts to sell. I could off every one of them for 75$ each.

8. jolly rogers

jolly rogers New Member

quake 1 on one the dc kicks, i think looks better than playing it in opengl on the pc, i got those 1100 genesis games cds also, there is alost one with 1100 nes roms floating around:O), the vcd player isnt so spectacular the sound and picture arent in sync with each other and its bad framrates, but hey its kinda nice to be able to download a free vcd and watch it on the old console

9. Fabrizo

Fabrizo New Member

Old console? Its only been out for like a year and a half!

10. Stealth0707

Stealth0707 New Member

It's been out for over 2 years

9/9/99 was the launch

11. Fabrizo

Fabrizo New Member

Are you saying that a two year old consol is "old"?

12. Stealth0707

Stealth0707 New Member

No, I was just letting anyone who didn't know how long the Dreamcast has been out that the Dreamcast has been out for over 2 years.