Is this true

Cloud121

Established Member
I was reading a review on GameFAQs about the Dreamcast and I read this:

Plainly, I think it's an excellent system, and it deserved to last a LONG time. The Dreamcast could go online, and not only that, you could DOWNLOAD software, burn them on a CD, and run it on a Dreamcast! I had LINUX on Dreamcast for Pete's Sake! And also you can download emulators for it, and have a big ROM library on one CD.

is the really true? what emulators can you download? It also said that I can play Quake and Doom on a DC. how do i do this?

www.dcemulation.com

I personally have a 2 cd collection of Genesis games and 1053 NES tiitles all running on my DC. And...yes it deserved to live a long time. :(

(Edited by 3rdman at 10:55 pm on Aug. 21, 2001)

well, I new a bit about the emulation stuff. But I didn't know about running Linux, Doom, Quake, and all the other stuff.

Wow, Cloud, it's like a whole new world for you isn't it?

I made a little unofficial thing myself... it's a port over of an old VGA demo (demo? yeah, right, more like a line/pixel plotting thingy) I made a while back. DC isn't hard to program for, even with unofficial libraries. It feels a lot like programming VGA in DOS to me, and for me, that is a definite plus. Saturn programming feels like a lesson in frustration :(

I actually use that crap in my sales pitches. I tell them it can play NES games and genesis and MP3s and VCDs and stuff. I wish I had a good 1000 dreamcasts to sell. I could off every one of them for 75$ each.

quake 1 on one the dc kicks, i think looks better than playing it in opengl on the pc, i got those 1100 genesis games cds also, there is alost one with 1100 nes roms floating around:O), the vcd player isnt so spectacular the sound and picture arent in sync with each other and its bad framrates, but hey its kinda nice to be able to download a free vcd and watch it on the old console

Back