Iso/Mp3

how the heck do u burn these? what prog? ive been everywhere for the past 2 years trying to figure these out. ive made at least 30 frisbees. only thing ive been able to burn without a single problem were bin/cue's. o well.

i'm trying to burn Popfull Mail for sega cd in iso/mp3. anyone have any suggestions tell me. i even downloaded EZCD Pro

off of here and followed the directions.

o well. help me please
sad.gif

...man i wish i never sold my sega cd and all my games for the Panasonic real 3do.
sad.gif

Originally posted by Cuzkey@Feb. 05 2003, 7:13 am

i'm trying to burn Popfull Mail for sega cd in iso/mp3. anyone have any suggestions tell me. i even downloaded EZCD Pro

So what is actually going wrong? Can you be any more specific?

If the problem is EZCD Pro, you can always burn iso/mp3 using CDRWin.

If you're feeling adventurous, you could <a href="http://litespeedcomputers.com/sx/cgi/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=10;t=5507">convert<a/> the iso/mp3 to bin/cue.
smile.gif

you could also use nero to burn the game if you build a cuesheet for it

you can build a cuesheet using the sega cuesheet maker

you also might need to patch the iso if your playing on the real hardware (which i dont think you are)

if you are using gens, note that you dont need to burn the disc to play, you can name the files as it shows in the readme to play off your harddrive

Originally posted by mal+Feb. 04 2003, 3:57 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Feb. 04 2003, 3:57 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Cuzkey@Feb. 05 2003, 7:13 am

So what is actually going wrong? Can you be any more specific?

If the problem is EZCD Pro, you can always burn iso/mp3 using CDRWin.

If you're feeling adventurous, you could the iso/mp3 to bin/cue. [/b][/quote]

to tell u the truth, nothing is going wrong during the burning process. and i couldnt believe how Easy EZCD Pro was to use(i thought it was a dream come true or something). But then i try to play it with gens and it just doesnt load, it even recinizes its popful mail, but it just stop at the sega logo.

i'm just going to look for an original copy, or download the bin/cue somewhere. i'm not really even in the mood to play sega cd right now. i'm just patiently waiting for my copy of super puzzle fighter 2 turbo (saturn) to come in the mail.

I really appreciate everyone who responded. thank u. and i will save <a href="http://segacd.org" target="_blank">http://segacd.org
in my favs. thx
smile.gif

Originally posted by Cuzkey@Feb. 05 2003, 2:57 am

to tell u the truth, nothing is going wrong during the burning process. and i couldnt believe how Easy EZCD Pro was to use(i thought it was a dream come true or something). But then i try to play it with gens and it just doesnt load, it even recinizes its popful mail, but it just stop at the sega logo.

If your intent was to play a Sega CD game with Gens, why not just play off the ISO+MP3 directly on your HDD as megametalgreymon mentioned above? You'll get much better access speed than playing from a burned disc.

Turn on "Perfect Synchro" in the CPU menu of Gens. And read the...uh...fabulous manual. :
wink.gif
:

well, i did try that. and it did the same thing that i had done when making a cd with ezcd pro so, i guess its prolly corrupt.

Cuzkey:

put one of your burned CDs in your PC's drive. Go to Windows Explorer, select ALL files on the CD including subdirectories and copy them to a test folder somewhere on your HD.

If the copy process fails at any point before it finishes, you know for sure that the ISO is corrupt or (more likely) truncated/incomplete.

On a side note... I just can't believe that people would burn CD after CD after CD and not just stop and think "now what could be the real problem here" ... Blank CDRs are cheap but not free, you know
smile.gif
It just amazes me sometimes, especially in situations where a CDRW could be used instead.

its not like i did it one after another. ive tryed several Progs. and this isnt limited to just sega cd games, PcEngine Cd games allso. i buy like 100 cdr's for 5 bucks a pop at comp shows. so it really doesnt bother me anyway. i mean its not like i'm trying to waste em either though.

anyway, thx for the advise about copying and pasting/drag and dropping. i never knew that.
smile.gif

I see where you're coming from.
smile.gif

As for PC-Engine games... unless I'm mistaken those are a whole different breed... something about two data tracks, one of which is near the end, AFTER all the audio... which is very much a non-standard way of putting things on CD. It would just be more complicated to get those right to begin with... I only burn Saturn and Dreamcast games, though, so I can't speak for other formats.

Back