jandaman.com mod thread by jandaman

Originally posted by patters98@Oct 15, 2003 @ 03:04 AM

The seller (Jandaman) knows his stuff, and I'm sure the mod works, just not in a 64pin Saturn.

I have gotten the same mod to work in my 64 pin Saturn so I know it does work as have other people.

What I'm trying to find out is whether those who can't get it to work have something in common such as model number, date of production, country of production, etc

The very first mod I had from videogamecompany.com in the UK worked intermittently (about 1 in 50 attempts or so), the second one I got from him was totally dead (same symptoms as having the CD unit disconnected). This one from you Jandaman gives the same symptoms I got with the first but never boots.

Someone has posted on one of the threads here that they got a videogamecompany.com mod working on a 64pin Saturn.

For the record, the details of mine are:

UK PAL round buttons

Model no. MK80200A-50

Serial no. AD65032594

Made in Indonesia

Manufactured June 1996

Originally posted by patters98@Oct 15, 2003 @ 08:04 AM

The seller (Jandaman) knows his stuff, and I'm sure the mod works, just not in a 64pin Saturn.

No, no. I meant about trying to get a 32-pin unit off ebay. Ask the seller, and hope they know what you mean by "32-pin". Get it? I mean, I'd be pretty irritated if I had to get a new saturn just to mod it, but 64-pin compatibility with mods is spotty.

Very hard to pin down the problem. Is it the mod? Is is the Saturn? Both? Have you simply been cursed? If so, what is the cure? If you build it, do they REALLY come??? :lol:

The big problem will be that not many sellers would be prepared to open up their units to find out.

If enough people leave their system details in this thread, trends will emerge like maybe all UK 80200 units are to be avoided.

all right, dudes. I finally laid my hands on an original and made sure my Saturn does work, but with the mod chip on it will not boot even originals, just plays CD tracks. Is something wrong with the chip?? Anyway, will try swap trick and see if the CD's are correctly burnt. :yum

Hi..

Thought I'd add to this thread just for reference sake. First post and all.

I purchased a Jandaman mod several months ago which exhibited the usual 'audio CD only' behaviour. I then tried a Xinga module, which had the same result.

MK80200A-03 (PAL/Australia)

Lovely 64pin IC

Made in Indonesia

I don't think this mystery will ever be solved. :)

Where are the units acually originating from? Is there currently more than one manufacturing source? And do they have any input on the matter?

Gonna try emailing my mod buyers to get a bigger sample size.

So far, it looks like PAL 64 pin saturns made in Indonesia aren't having any luck. I'll see what more info I can find

u can also mod the saturn the easy way( i invented it :p) put the red wire on the big metal thing near the 5v. of course, this is 4 32 pin saturns

Or you could invest an extra 20 seconds to solder the wire to the 5V connector.

Originally posted by muffinman943@Nov 12, 2003 @ 10:54 AM

u can also mod the saturn the easy way( i invented it :p) put the red wire on the big metal thing near the 5v. of course, this is 4 32 pin saturns

And you're my hero. :sarcasm:

Back