• Rise from your gwave!

japanese games

Discussion in 'Genesis/Mega Drive' started by ogami ichiro, Apr 11, 2002.

1. ogami ichiro

ogami ichiro New Member

has someone used scdconv to play a jap sega cd game in their us sega cd

because the other day i down urusei yatsura and i cant convert the game satisfactory for playing in my sega cd

the same thing happen with sin megami tensai, i convert the game (following all the instructions ) but when i want to play it in my sega cd nothing happen

so someone has succes converting to us a jap game

because i want to sownload cosmic fantasy histories,,,,but.....well you know its a jap game and i really want to play it......

so please

a little help its good for me

2. IceDigger

IceDigger Founder Staff Member

most japanese games can't be converted, since the space for the bootsector is very small on jap. games. a cdx cart (doesn't work for all) or multibios would fix that, tho.

3. rcefiro

rcefiro New Member

Yeah I've downloaded a few Japanese Saturn games, and I've gotten a few to work. They are Lunar the Silver Star and Record of Lodoss Wars. Other than that, the other one's I've downloaded the conversion didn't work.

4. Cloud121

Cloud121 Member

I've gotten four Jap games going on my Sat, with SatConv. Sailor Moon SuperS (big surprise there ;)), Ded or Alive, DBZ Legends, and DBZ Shinbotuden.

5. IceDigger

IceDigger Founder Staff Member

6. Curtis

Curtis Member

Yeah, but that not exactly up to date is it?

7. SegaSaturnDDR

SegaSaturnDDR New Member

the person is talking about sega cd peoples, and if it doesnt work, it doesnt work,scdconv is good, but its not perfect like satconv

8. ogami ichiro

ogami ichiro New Member

good said sega ddr

im talking about scdconv , not satconv.

mainly about if its posible to play cosmic fantasy stories on my us sega cd

and other jap games

so tell me please what jap games work on a us segacd using scd conv

by the way sega sddr, in your ftp you have the game of segata sanshiro, but i cant enter to your ftp, have you change something because i think you have great games like astra super stars, datana twinbee and other great games that i like to play so much

the only game that i has of your ftp is tempest 2000

and thanx for the game by the way

9. Denis

Denis New Member

For japanese megacd games you can try my converter. Look for it at my site (http://smsemu.emuunlim.com) in Misc and Doc section. And if you will try it - please report compatibility.

10. SegaSaturnDDR

SegaSaturnDDR New Member

my ftp is down because im on 56k at the moment, ill pull the old thread for my ftp back up when it goes back online

11. Kenji

Kenji New Member

Denis! The link on your page for the conversion utility doesn't work. I have a bunch of japanese mega cd images i would like to try to convert to run on my european mega cd...