Jet Grind Radio...

I just love Jet Set Radio (that's how it's called here).

I've got one question for people who also played it:

Skating backwards is in the manual but jumping a 180 ain't.

I just can't do it. If you watch the intro's you see them pulling them off and I want to do them too
sad.gif

thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Vird

P.S.: For the people of the European version (maybe also with the others), don't you just hate the advertisement wich is included with JSR?

HALF-LIFE,

The best game ever now on Dreamcast

I found Jet Set Radio really frustrating for about the first two hours, but once I got used to the controls it was a breeze really.

It took me a little while to get used to it.

Once I got into it, it was challenging, but it kept me want to keep trying because I knew I could do it. You just have to keep re-doing it till you know where the tags are. When there are ones you have problems doing or finding, work on those first when you start over, then do the easy ones.

I'm still stuck on the last (i think) level with the night city scene. Those different levels with telephone wires is hard. Keep falling off!

Sweet game though!!!

Soundtrack is great, but can eventually get repetitive. (Although can't they all)

I think you'd know if it was the last level, I think it has the craziest last level/boss I've ever seen
smile.gif
. Dunno if it's the one you mean though.

Originally posted by Myname@June 26 2002,15:05

I think you'd know if it was the last level, I think it has the craziest last level/boss I've ever seen
smile.gif

I'm pretty sure it is. Can't remember the name (Golden Rhinos?) Haven't played it in a while. Didn't get very far on that level.

Instead I downloaded a save file with everything unlocked so I can play whatever level I want. Unfortunately I kinda miss having the cops chase after me at least a little bit.

I'll try not to give anything away, but the last level has you on a LP with a DJ in the middle (oh yes).

Originally posted by lancastoor@Mar. 29 2002,14:25

if JGR/JSRF are too *hard* for you, I hear nintendos working on a new Pokemon title..

I must be really lame then, it took me around 24 hours play time to complete Pokemon Blue. I thought it was quite difficult!
sad.gif

i found the challenge factor for jet set to be pretty much perfect. from start to finish i was thinking. 1.) i really enjoy this (well after the learning curve for the controls was overcome) 2.) if i were just a little bit better i'd be able to beat this level.

i cleared 3 of the levels with exaclty 2 seconds left on the clock. kinda gave me a little rush. if cube ween't a collection of polygons and had a more appealing voice actress in the u.s. version i'd be in love

Originally posted by Myname@June 26 2002, 5:05 pm

smile.gif

I just got back into playing JGR a little bit.

Turns out I beat that level I was talking about and it wasn't the last one, cause I'm still playing.

Hey, BTW, is it just me or are the later challenges near impossible?

I thought this game was great. Making it at the last second- or just almost making it-makes it all the sweeter. It has an old school style to it like that, add the new (used to be new) cel shading into the mix and this was one kicking game.

My gripe with this game is that the last boss was too easy, after having to work my ass off to get to him it just wasn't the kind of last boss I wanted. Lol...still took me 2 tries but thats just cause I didn't know what to do the first time really.

This is one of my most favorite games of all time, and for a single player game that really is impressive. Great Story, Great Style, Great....music?heh, at first its strange but it grows on you... I have almost every song on my computer now.

---Ammut

Originally posted by racketboy@Nov. 06 2002, 2:23 am

Hey, BTW, is it just me or are the later challenges near impossible?

I don't think I had any trouble with any of it after the initial control problem. That might have been down to the fact that I played it almost non-stop start to finish, so I didn't get out of practice. Maybe you should go back to some of the earlier levels to get back into the swing of it if you've not played it for a while. I bet I'd struggle if I went straight back in at the later levels too.

JGR is a cool gaem but when it pisses me off.. IT FUCKEN REALLY PISSES ME OFF. i hate getting shot and bumping into things. its also fucken annoying when u lose acceleration ona grind and u try to jump off but the character lands back on the pole. although annoying, i was dissapointed when i completed the game becuase i wanted more levels.

i find MSR very bloody annoying aswell. i hate the gay kudos system. i hate smackin into stuff and losing points meaning i ahve to do the whole fucken thing again. its so fucked. how could they ruin such a fantastic driving engine with such bullshit like that.

Originally posted by WiseMan@Nov. 20 2002, 3:40 am

i hate getting shot and bumping into things. its also fucken annoying when u lose acceleration ona grind and u try to jump off but the character lands back on the pole. although annoying, i was dissapointed when i completed the game becuase i wanted more levels.

i find MSR very bloody annoying aswell. i hate the gay kudos system. i hate smackin into stuff and losing points meaning i ahve to do the whole fucken thing again. its so fucked. how could they ruin such a fantastic driving engine with such bullshit like that.

It's called a "challenge"
smile.gif

Originally posted by WiseMan@Nov. 19 2002, 7:40 am

JGR is a cool gaem but when it pisses me off.. IT FUCKEN REALLY PISSES ME OFF....

i find MSR very bloody annoying aswell...

I'm not very good at video games, I mean, I'm pretty lousy, but I didn't find these games nearly as difficult as people are making them out to be.

Yeah, the controls for JGR were a bit annoying - in the beginning. It turns out they work, and well enough at that, but only after a lot of practice. Funny thing about JGR, I couldn't wall ride properly for the longest time and was stuck in Bantam St. for weeks (granted, I was playing it on and off).

I will admit, though, that tagging the npcs is somewhat hard the first time around. But you learn their tactics, and learn how to control the character, the game gets to be really easy/enjoyable.

I love MSR. The Kudos system is awesome, it makes every race all that much more exciting. I used jokers on almost every single race, so it was quite a white knuckle experience every time.

The kudos system is akin to car damage, instead of losing speed in the game, you lose the kudos. And if they (Bizarre Creations) used car damage + money instead of kudos, you'd probably have to pay for the damage anyway.

And really, you don't lose that many kudos for hitting walls, unless you're playing the game like it's Need for Speed, which it's not. There's the brake, and unlike most games the brake is very important.

In any event, it's another game that requires practice and specific understanding of how each car handles. I spent close to 50 hours practicing and racing. It's probably better that way, since I haven't touched the game after I beat it.

whoah racketboy, i did beat your so called "challenge" of jgr.

my point is that developers should create games that dont piss you off. or better yet, get some decent play testers. not all games with a challenge make u hell angry when u fail, just a few.

jgr in particular becuase of the way you get hit. its pure aggrevation.

there a plenty of challenging games out there that dont piss people off.

Originally posted by WiseMan@Nov. 21 2002, 4:23 am

there a plenty of challenging games out there that dont piss people off.

That's true, but I thought with JGR, the frustration only made it that more exciting when you actually finished the level. THAT puts you in a real good mood
smile.gif

Back