Just buying a Saturn...

Hello. This is my first post at these forums, so greetings to everyone here. :) My name is Andy, or Atlas, if you prefer.

Anyway, I've wanted a Saturn for years now (since '99-'00), and I've finally bit the bullet decided to buy one. On Ebay. However, when I first tried to buy one, the guy (after the auction ended, mind you), lost the controllers and hookups, and refunded my money without even shipping the item. The second time I tried, the A/V slot was just a bunch of mangled wires, making the system unplayable. So I am trying a third time. It should work this time. :cheers

There have been many games I wanted for Saturn, so I decided to buy them. I was just curious what all you're inputs were to my choices. Some of the auctions don't end for a few days, but the majority have been bought and are on their way.

The games are:

NiGHTS

Christmas NiGHTS (import version)

Virtua Fighter (I know it's got to be glitchy, but I thought it was just such a time-piece, I had to have it, lol)

Virtua Fighter 2

Daytona USA

Virtua Cop

Virtual On (import)

Sega Rally

WSB '98 (is coming with system)

Bug!

Fighters Megamix (import, if just for Pepsiman)

Panzer Dragoon

Panzer Dragoon Zwei

Street Fighter Collection

So, any feedback would be nice for a new, proud Saturn owner. :) And this was also sort-of an introductory post. See you around.

Looks like some good choices to me. Here's what I'd say:

Make sure you get the version of NiGHTS that comes boxed with the 3D controller. At like $2 more than the game only it's a good deal, and you'll be happy you did it, if only for playing NiGHTS.

Grab an AR 4-in-1. It will play games from any region, give you tons of backup memory, and provide RAM expansion for all games that use it. It's a wonderful thing to have.

I already have bought both the Nights game bundled with the controller and the 4-in-1 Action Replay Cart. The most annoying thing is looking at my copy of Nights and knowing I can't play it yet, because the Saturn I bought was broken. That should change in a couple days though... :thumbs-up:

Back