Just got an RGB scart to component converter! :O

nooo, take away the price of components!! It makes me feel sad that I spent $100 :(

Oh well, I think it was worth it.

I just showed my mate the difference with my dreamcast composite cable and the adapter. omg my eyes hurt!!! :D

I got off work on wednesday and been drunk since! Now I am back at work and sober again. I should be ordering the parts real soon as I just made 360 USD selling my XBOX yesterday.

Please keep in mind though, expect this in more then a week. My schedule is packed full with work/school/drinking/finals this week/shipping time/and my computer at home just blew its PSU.

Just a little update, so you all don't get discouraged on this matter or what not...

I just found a place to live today, YEY! I move in next week. Once I am all together I am gonna start putting this together and scanning the magazines of Racketboy's that DUD mailed to me.

[EDIT] Oh yeah, you guys SO have to see this place... its perty, 1/4 mile from the ocean, right on the intracoastal (body of water seperating the island from mainland FL), Juno park is in my back yard, and my landlord is this crazy stoner guy.

Well I am finally finished moving, settled in and unpacked, I've got ALL my bills paid up AND I kinda settled out the differences with my old landlord (I don't get my deposit back, but atleast they aren't sueing me!).

Well I budgeted myself and with the extra bills that popped up I have only a budget of 100 bucks a week to cover smokes/food/fuel... and with fuel so high... I don't see myself affording any little extras like this here for about a month or two.

:(

fuck this gas thing.......a couple hundred thousand ppl are underwater and not driving and gas prices go UP!?! crazy...

im riding my bike to work and school now cause of it

can't afford the shit... Im also not throwing anymore parties too (last night was my last one... my buddy gave me $50 to Barnes and Noble as a move in gift.)

as far as I am aware the circuit pictured on the first page doesn't work. it was tried by someone on another forum and it just didn't do anything.

of course, he could've just fucked it up.

It looks like it would work... but then with my financial situation it is NOT worth a risk.

Though actually I'm wondering about the sync the whole time... I have a feeling the schematic may be for sync on Red or something. That could be fixed by just adding in the sync after the 75 ohm resistor at the end of the schematic for the Y signal (as component is Sync on Luminance I believe). What y'all think?

It looks like it's for sync-on-green. To "just add in the sync" sadly isn't that simple for sync-on-<signal>. It's not hugely complicated but a sync pulse on a video signal needs to be around -0.3V, and I think horizontal and vertical are differentiated by the length of the pulse (which hopefully already exists on your source signals).

Also, that schematic has green going through 2 op-amps while red and blue only go through 1, which might (speculation) cause errors in the color addition for HD signals because instead of having R/B-Y+Y you have R/B-Y+(Y from 15-20ns ago). I seriously doubt that this is enough of a delay to do anything evil to standard-definition, though.

Back