Just got the Biohazard 4 Demo

G'day,

My famitsu finally arrived today and i got up especially early to play the biohazard 4 demo. My expectations were VERY high and i am happy to say that i was not dissapointed!

The AI is fantastic to say the least. I was constantly surprised at how the zombies (?) worked together and were able to set up traps and diversions.

The graphics are to die for as everybody knows and the controls are really good. I know that anybody even remotely interested in this game has already read similar things but i just couldnt contain how happy i am with the demo build. Has anybody else had a chance to play with it yet?

The control scheme still uses the 'l/r rotate character, f/b move f/b' scheme, right? (not complaining- I like that control scheme, I'm just curious)

hmmm, not quite shure what you mean, but the normal analogue and digital pad control your movement along one axis. The yellow analogue pad then controls 3 different viewpoints.

1. Normal straight ahead,

2. Slightly pitched up

3. Slightly Pitched Down

When you hold down the right trigger you go into aim mode. The laser sight on your gun comes on and you can then use the normal analogue control to view anywhere. (no inverted axis... damn!)

If you hit back and B, you do a 180. Also, you cannot move while you are in aim mode so sometimes the situation gets a little out of control.

The other downside to aim mode is that when you aim, the camera angle tightens up on leon, so you can;t see what is going on behind you. I have been ambushed a few times due to this.

It didnt take me long to get used to the controls thoug, infact it was just a matter of minutes. All i am hoping for is an option to invert the y axis.

Oh yeah and i dont think that there is any straffing

I think he was asking if the character moves like a tank (D-left and D-right rotate character around it's own axis and D-up moves character to wherever it's facing to) and cannot walk and fire at the same time, as in all other RE games.

When you hold down the right trigger you go into aim mode. The laser sight on your gun comes on and you can then use the normal analogue control to view anywhere. (no inverted axis... damn!)

If you hit back and B, you do a 180. Also, you cannot move while you are in aim mode so sometimes the situation gets a little out of control.

Based on your report, I guess the answer is "yes".

I was thinking about getting the demo, but I have more important matters for my money.

How long is it exactly?

Is it at least 20 minutes if you rush it?

10 Minutes if you rush it. (I wont give any spoilers)

I was kinda dissapointed at the length of the demo though, the biohazard 0 demo went for about 30mins. I was going to buy the demo regardless. Biohazard 4 (and metroid prime)was the reason why i got the gamecube all those years ago.

I have some action replay codes too if anybody wants them...

Only applicable to the first play (without Normal/Hard/Movie selections)

(M)

KPW7-2RKJ-URAYK

4N9U-859K-PV77V

HPMAX

4Y94-D79Q-AYC22

PMA0-DM71-G5V3G

PS. Chainsaw will still instantly kill you but there will be no game over, the game simply stays there with Leon lying dead on the ground

BULLETS999

1HXR-PFJN-9TR6Y

2GX8-D2TM-QKHM1

PTASMAX

T07Q-H2H2-1G7EH

B85K-KU9H-FC0AG

I can't remember where i got them from so dont ask.

I'm really looking forward to this game. HOWEVER, I've never been big on demos. I like to wait until the full game is out and be suprised. I limit how many screenshots I look at as well. I think one of the reasons games seem less fun than they did in the early/mid-nineties, is because we get bombarded with new gaming news every ten minutes on the net, and everyone know about every facet of every game before playing it. Software houses should follow Kojima's example with MGS3, and try to limit the information they release on games. But that's just me, I could be wrong. :hehehe:

Me like new Resident Evil games GOOD :cheers

Back