Just gotta Saturn and have some Q's!

Hey members of Sega Xtreme.

I recently (today) got a boxed Saturn with 3 games (baku baku, Virtua Fighter 2 and Sonic R) for only $20AU YAY – Great deal I thinks
biggrin.gif

I have wanted 2 get one for quite a while, and Im very excited now i finally own one! I have kinda been a long time lurker here and know a bit about the Saturn, and i am very keen to build up a collection of Many Saturn games. But first... I have a few questions I would like to ask.

1. What games would you recommend to start off my collection? I’ve heard a lot of good things about quite a few games, but are there any ‘essential games’ that every Saturn owner should have?

2. Im not a big fan of piracy, but there is just know way im gonna be able to fork out huge amounts of money so I can play games like Panzer Dragoon Saga and Shinning Force and so on, so I’ll probably have to D/L them. I don’t really want 2 do the Swap Trick, so I guess I will have to get a Modboard. I have a 21 pin model 2 Saturn with a 64 pin Chip thing. Will I be able to get one, If so can any Australians Recommend the best place to buy from?

3. Just out of interest, how many Saturn games were released, not in Japan, but to the rest of the world?

Thats all the Questions I have for now, Thanks Very Much in Advance!

Originally posted by ozatman@Dec. 20 2002, 7:07 am

1. What games would you recommend to start off my collection? I’ve heard a lot of good things about quite a few games, but are there any ‘essential games’ that every Saturn owner should have?

Congrats on the Saturn -- you've made a wise choice!

As for the best games, browse or search through the Saturn posts for "Best (of Favorite) Saturn Games". We've had these discussions numerous times, and there is lots of info already there for you. I'm sure you'll find SX to be a valuable resource for your Saturn-loving pleasure
smile.gif

You gotta get Sega Rally!
smile.gif

As for a mod chip, talk to mal (knowing mal, he'll post here sooner rather than later
smile.gif
), he may still have a few left from when he ordered from GameGizmo. Which brings me to the next point - www.gamegizmo.com is the place to order your mod chips from for maximum compatibility, if mal has run out. Unfortunately there don't seem to be any Aussie retailers who carry mods, so you'll need a credit card to order from them.

Yeah, I've got a couple of mods left.
smile.gif

Which part of Australia are you in?

Hey Mal, i live in Metro S.A, but i could probably arrange a money order to be sent to you if you are from a different part of Oz...

Should the Mod Board work without having to solder to the 64 pin chip, using your method?

Yeah that would be great thanks Mal!
smile.gif

A money order is no problem. Direct deposit is good too.

It'll be AU$30 and it will be premodded so that all you'll need to connect is the power wire. It should work fine in your 64 pin Saturn.

Send me a message with your details and I'll try to get it off to you on Monday.
smile.gif

Back