JVC X'EYE S-Video mod-How do you do it?

I have looked everywhere for a guide on how to do this. If found one guy who ran a store that would do the mod for $50, but I want to do it myself. Anyone know how to do this? I have the S-Video jack in place, so a few steps on what to do next would be very helpful. Thanks.

Hey man!..The s-video mod requires a lot of work and some prescition soldering skills+tools...I could do it for you a bit cheaper.who is the guy that is wanting to do your mod and where is he located?...I have heard that some people have to ship their systems all the way to Canada.Check my X'eye postings,there are s-video pictures there.

It was some guy at the neogeo forums. How much would your services run, and how long would I be without my x'eye?

I have a second issue. recently the power button has been having issues, where it will pop up on its own. All it needs is a new switch, but unsoldering six contact points at once is a bitch. I was wondering if you could repair that as well?

I could do it for you for $40 and I will try to fix that switch at no charge in less than a week...lets say I recieve the system by Monday and you will have it back by the End of that week or the next Monday...I already have made a few circuitry custom boards,all I need to do is attach a few wires.Also,I have some switches (Genesis 2 type) laying around here somewhere,but I will have to take a closer look at yours....If you are interested please drop me a message!...

I will definitely take you up on that offer. I just need a little bit to get my finances in order, as I have a baby on the way and my wife swears on a fixed budget.

No problem,Let me know when you are ready.My wife and I just have a baby 5 months ago and I totally understand her point of view...Anybody else interested,please feel free to leave me a message.I currently do s-video,region and language switches, A/V jacks mods for most Sega Systems including Master System 1,smaller Master System 2,Genesis model 1,model 2,model 3,Sega Saturn,Atari Jaguar,JVC X'Eye,as well as repairing other dead systems like SuperNintendo's,Sega CD systems and service NES systems too.

Back