Langrisser III translation patch

Does anyone know where i can find it? I know it isn't complete and the project has been dropped but having only the menus and other interface stuff translated is better than nothing.

Thanks.

Did you check the wiki ?
wink.gif

It is a pity that the VWF is not implemented. This would solve the problem when the text going beyond the edges of the frames.

Bump, any news on what even happened to this project? Even sharing that 2019 WIP would be of some help.

Apparently VWF was eventually implemented if I'm not mistaken and there's a github archive of some of the tools including translated scripts, it is frustrating to see a project so close to completion (I think) hang in limbo like this. I hope Cyber Warrior X is doing fine these days and it is not due to anything bad happenning to him IRL that has lead to the disappearence. (The Langrisser community forum is also dead)

P.S. coincidentally, another bump on the original thread from a couple days ago.
If bumping is OK? and anyone care to have a look.

I used his old tools found here: lang3/buildcd at master · igifinder/lang3

Specifically I wanted to dump and rebuild the iso with his scripts:
  • 1-extractdisc.bat
  • 2-patchbuilddisc.bat
These work, but I found the game will hang at the beginning before the first script text is supposed to appear (black screen).
I traced this issue back to the file prog_3.bin (I guess the first script file)
When i replace that one with the original the game works again.

My guess is something in this process is wrong:
Bash:
scrsceninsert -s ..\scripts\jp\lang3.tbl files\LANG\SCEN\D00.DAT ..\scripts\en\scen%%03dE.txt files\LANG\SCEN\D00.DAT

If someone with rom hacking knowledge can figure how to produce a working iso from these tools it'll be great.

The entire script was already translated, and proofread by this guy:

Back