Lens Adjustment...HELP!

well i just recently had a problem with my model2 saturn (32pin, the most regular)

the problem was when trying a few cd's i burn some years ago...but...only to discover that the ones i burn using sony media....not work very well, but the problem is at reading those cd's when the lens force to read then the mecanism in some form get stuck....yeah....and then theres no spining from the motor, then i resolve this problem somehow unpluging the mod and plug all again. but then when all work again i still want to know which cd's work wnd which dont

so on the testing, the same problem with the spining motor.

now, i remember something about the laser adjustment, so i just turn a little this

[attachmentid=1675]

i dont know if this is the correct piece to turn around (clokwise i did) but when i did that the cd spin again, but now cant read it (original soft) so now i dont know what to do...please some help here.

by the way in the pic i show the adjustable part i move.

but i read this

http://www.mrvfone.com.au/sega/saturn.htm

and basically is talking about one adjustable part that is for the focus gain and one for the tracking gain so know i just dont know....

Attachments

• SATEXA.jpg
    SATEXA.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 211
You've adjusted the correct piece! it's the yellow potentiometer maybe you've adjusted it too far, you should adjust it only 3-4mm clockwise from the original position but are you sure that the lens is the problem? maybe you should test it again I think the problem is on the modchip why not test the sega saturn to play originals before trying to play back-up?

Remove the modchip and then try to play original cds if it works fine, then maybe the modchip is the culprit.

well, in fact i been doing what you say thinking the problem maybe was the modchip.

but let tell you something more.

i been using this saturn for the last 3 years when i first install the modchip on him) and everything working fine, until i play on him those cd's i mentioned....by the way, those cd's working fine...and is not this saturn that cant read them.`

and by the way doing just what you say, work, i play a few back ups and originals fine as before. bu then again i put another of those cd's and well...i end ond the beggining

i try some of those cd's on my model1 saturn and although some work. the 50% dont....and the ones who work have failures at reading at some point, but on the beggining i realize that my model1 saturn was more capable of reading scratched cd's...and i have that model1 saturn for at least 7 years and in the begining of his life with me i do the swap trick....but well back to the topic.

the fact here is that my saturn was working just fine. and i do nothing more than just play defective media (DAMN SONY)

but well i just try to adjust a the lens again now that im now for sure jejeje

and thanks

and please any more suggestions are welcome

UPDATE

now in every case, when i just move that piece, the same happens and my saturn just

fisrt the lens moves up and down and always if i put the lens on the end of the rail, that is on the outer side, the lens moves to the center and try to read the cd that i put, then almost always begin spining a little and then stop...and thats it...

oh men i hate this....

Have you tried playing a music cd? if it still doesn't work maybe you need to replace the lens with a new one but no more brand new lens is available in sega enterprises...I think? :blink:

I know this is an old thread, but I have a model 2 Saturn, and for the life of me I can't find this little yellow potentiometer... I've looked all over the PCB that the CD-ROM is all attached to... it's not somewhere else, is it?

I figured out what was different, for anyone else who is wondering. My Saturn is a model 2, but it was made by Sanyo. You can tell by the beige boards inside instead of the bluish-green boards inside the regular model 2.

Back