LET ME APOLOGIZE

SkankinMonkey

Established Member
SegaSonic - The wicked witch is dead!

One for the UK people here. Queen Mother has passed away.

May she rot in ####.

^------ That is uncalled for

Tchah, none of the English people I've talked with about this seemed too sad about this. Strangely enough, many Americans care more about the royal family than your average brit.

I'm canadian and personally I dont care who dies unless its directly connected to my family, but what he wrote was completely uncalled for and very VERY stupid. Have some sense before you write something

Quote: from antime on 8:54 pm on Mar. 31, 2002

Tchah, none of the English people I've talked with about this seemed too sad about this. Strangely enough, many Americans care more about the royal family than your average brit.

well, the average brit on the net wouldnt care to be honest

they are too far removed from normal life (the royal family that is) for your average person who your likly to speak to over the net at least

(Edited by megametalgreymon at 9:49 pm on Mar. 31, 2002)

The Queen Mother was well known to be a manipulative, power hungry woman who would put her own status above looking after her own family. That may be insensitive, but it's how a lot of people will feel here in Britain.

skankinmonkey, why are you apolizing? its good that you removed that, cuz it could be offensive to some brits, but segasonic is the one who should apoligize.

. . .

I don't care if England's answer to Ronald Reagan died. Well, actually I'm glad. Someone who could cover their foul deeds with the fog of old age is no one I'll miss.

"Englands answer to Ronald Reagan" - WTF? Are you sure you're not thinking of Margaret Thatcher? She's not yet dead, though word has it that she's not got long to go.

The Queen Mother lived a relatively blameless, if uneventful, life. Any "foul deeds" were kept within the family and frankly, who cares about them? You saying *your* mama's shit don't stink? ;)

Mike

Actually, I'd kill my "mama" as soon as look at her. Don't think I'm the suburban caucasian preppy special-ed burnout that's so common on teh intarweb. Check some legitimate facts. They're available if you look hard enough.

Define "legitimate facts". More often than not they are just someone else's idea or take on or their interpretation of events, that they don't have an in depth understanding of. It is very rare when we as 'lay-people' have all the necessary information to form a fully comprehensive opinion of events. Mostly, people just espouse what they've read or heard which is mainly just someone else's opinion because they are too weak minded or lazy to find out for themselves. But, having said that, I believe the issue here is "respect" for the dead. A concept that appears antiquated on the surface but really goes much deeper to ethos that we all deserve respect as living, breathing, thinking and yes dying beings.

(Edited by falstaff at 8:32 pm on April 1, 2002)

I'll hold my hands up here, and apologise to all who were unfortunate enough to see this. I was very drunk at the time, and I've only just recalled doing it upon seeing this thread. Although what I wrote is my belief, and one shared by many of the English working class I understand that the front page is no place for my political views. Once again I am sorry and I regret my outburst. Hopefully we can put it in the past and get back to the games.

Back